Does Vitrase kill/eat away on your natural HA?

I got an entire vial of Vitrase into a lump of Juvederm and it instantly melted away. My concern now is that the Vitrase has left a dent and I noticed how "weak" and soft the area is. I've waited over a year and it's still not the same. My trusty injector even noted how much the Vitrase had eaten away at my natural HA but, she says she can only speculate since she's never had to use Vitrase or the entire vial- for that matter. So, is it the Vitrase itself or was too much of the Vitrase injected?

Vitrase remove natural HA with unwanted HA filler?

I don't believe you own HA is dissolved. Even if it were, it would renew itself. If there is an indentation, filler should be used to improve this. Bellafill is an option for long term correction as are all the HA's. 150 of Vitrase is a very small dose and shouldn't lead to tremendous loss of filler. In fact, Juvederm usually requires multiple treatments, it is harder to dissolve than Restylane.

The answer is it is impossible to know. What I can tell you is that you have waited long enough and no further change is expected. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Vitrase

According to all studies, the hyaluronidase preparations we use do not get rid of your natural HA.  So even if you use a lot of vitrase, it shouldn't create a hole.  Using a whole bottle is only 150 units which actually isn't a lot.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Natural Versus Synthetic--Vitrase Effects on HA

This is hard to answer without before and after pictures. Vitrase doses are safe even at high levels, they do not affect normal HA as the pH is different in natural versus synthetic HA. Usually, it is dissolved in a series of treatments. I recommend an evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer