What vitamins do you need before a BBL?

I keep reading that before you go in for a BBL they have you take a series of vitamins. What vitamins? Why do you need them pre op? And how long should you be taking the before going in for surgery?

I appreciate your question.
I don't recommend anything extra unless you are deficient in something 
The problem is a lot of the over the counter supplements contain other things that can increase bruising 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

What vitamins do you need before a BBL

Thank you for your quesiton. If your healthy, eat a balanced diet, and do not have a vitamen defeicney then it is not needed.  Consult with a aboard certified Plastic Surgery.  Best Wishes. 

Vitamins and surgery

Other than a multivitamin, there is no special vitamin required before any elective surgery. If you are deficient in a particular vitamin then discuss that with your surgeon before surgery. If you want to decrease bruising and swelling Arnica and Bromelain are good homeopathic mediations you can take before surgery.

William Bruno, MD

Vitamins prior to BBL

Thank you for your question.  I ask all of my patients to take a multivitamin everyday prior to any surgery.  Additional Vitamin C is also beneficial.  Avoid Vitamin E and certain supplements such as Fish Oil, garlic, ginseng and ginkgo.  Also avoid aspirin and ibuprofen for two weeks prior to surgery.  These supplements and medications can increase your risk of bruising and bleeding.