Would veneers help straighten my teeth? (photos)

I've had braces in the past but my teeth have reverted a little bit back to a more crooked position. I want to get veneers to fix the problem. My front 4 teeth are curved and protrude out a bit. I would like to straighten and push them back. I also have small ridges/chips on my front two teeth which I would like to fix.

Veneers, Yes! #DrSoftTouch

You would be a perfect candidate for veneers. Veneers would be used to straighten your teeth and make them more aesthetically pleasing. For optimal results, I would recommend 8-10 porcelain veneers across the top. Find an experienced cosmetic dentist who can give you the results you desire. Start by researching dentists on this site with great before and after photos of patients, so you will know what to expect with your outcome. I'll link a before and after photo of a patient of mine who's teeth were very similar to your teeth. Her smile was completely transformed with ten veneers! I hope this helps and follow me on RealSelf for more questions and answers.  

Would veneers help straighten my teeth?

Veneers can straighten your teeth and give you the smile you want. To correct the position of your lateral incisors(next to your two front teeth), some reduction of your teeth will be required.  You can reduce the amount of tooth structure that needs to be removed in two ways:  (1) Either straightening of your teeth or expansion of your arch prior to veneers or (2) Placement of more than 4 veneers(recommended minimum of 8, which are the teeth to that usually show when you smile).   By doing more than the front four veneers, your teeth going backward can be built out slightly, giving you a broader smile and reducing the amount of enamel that will need to be removed from your lateral incisors.  You can also choose a whiter shade if you do all the teeth that show when you smile.  

Another alternative for for you would be ProVeneers(formerly called EasySmile Veneers).  These are so new that they are as yet unknown by many dentists.  These are non-invasive, no tooth enamel needs to be removed from your teeth.  They allow the dentist to create custom made Smile Preview Veneers on your teeth so you get to see how they will look.  This guarantees that you will be happy with the final result.  ProVeneers are made from a breakthrough in resin technology, allowing for the creation of a custom veneer from a resin based foundation material.  They are strong, long lasting, and stain resistant.  They are also very affordable, less than half the cost of traditional porcelain veneers.  

I have posted photos of both patients that have had porcelain veneers and ProVeneers(EasySmile Veneers), so you can get an idea of the results that can be achieved.  

Dr. Gary Braunstein
Encinitas/Carlsbad, California

Veneers for orthodontic relapse

Yes you can do beautiful veneers to give yourself the look you desire.
That said I would suggest utilizing the DNA Appliance to grow your smile wider first and then do veneers if you desire.  The DNA Appliance is only worn 12-14 hours/day so it doesn't interfere with your life.

The final look will be much better with or without veneers.  Veneers will require less removal of tooth structure.

Chair, Alliance of TMD Organiations