How many veneers do I need? (photos)

I'd like to know how many veneers I need for a perfect 'hollywood' smile. Is it possible I achieve the same look using bondings? Do I need any for my lower teeth ? Thank you in advance

How many veneers do I need?

Your photo only shows your front six teeth so I cannot determine how many teeth show when you smile.  Hold up a mirror and give your broadest smile and count how many  teeth show.  This will be the number of  veneers required to give you a great smile .   

You can  have the veneers done in either porcelain or resin (bonding).  Porcelain will require drilling or filing your teeth  in preparation to receive the veneers.  You will need to wear temporaries for about two weeks and this is not a reversible procedure.  However you will get a great long-lasting results and a fantastic smile.  

Resin  bonding can be done in one visit with no shots, no drilling,  and is a reversible a procedure.  The cosmetic dentist you choose should be able to show you a preview resin veneer  by placing and shaping the resin on your tooth in about two or three minutes. This will give you a good idea if you like the shape, color and appearance of the veneer.  The cost of bonding is about one third the cost of porcelain veneers.  Bonding is not as durable as porcelain, but should last 3 to 7 years or longer.  With proper maintenance staining should not be a problem. 

Both porcelain veneers and resin bonding can chip or break.  With porcelain veneers,  the veneer would have to be remade.  This would require removal of the old veneer, taking of an impression, placement of a temporary veneer, and returning in about two weeks for placement of the new veneer.  With resin bonding,  the repair could be done in one short visit.  

I would recommend consulting with a cosmetic dentist that can offer you both options.  Make sure you tell the dentist your expectations and that the two of you are able to communicate effectively.  This is the best way for your dentist to work with you to get you the smile that you want.  

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Dr. Gary Braunstein

#Veneers are superior to bonding #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
Veneers would be a great option for you to achieve the "Hollywood smile" you are looking for! Based on your photos, significant improvements can be made to your smile by veneering 8-12 teeth on top. An option for your lower teeth would be to whiten first.  If you're happy with the appearance of your lower teeth after whitening then it wouldn't be necessary to veneer them. While bonding can be used to change the shape and shade of teeth, it's more of a temporary fix. With time, bonding will have to be replaced due to staining and chipping. The best thing to do is to get a veneer consult at an excellent cosmetic dental office. I always recommend looking at before and after photos of actual patients of the dentist you are considering before selecting that dentist. This will give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect. I'll link a before and after photo of a patient of mine who's case was more severe than yours.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

A perfect smile makeover is whatever shows

Most smiles are improved with 8-10 veneers, but some people show more teeth, so more veneers would be needed.  Usually just upper teeth show (lower teeth are covered by the lower lip) but some cases are best handled by doing the lower teeth as well.
Evaluate your smile using photos, and not from just straight on.  Look from the side, from about 45 degrees.  You will see teeth beyond the eye teeth (canine to canine makes a 6 teeth situation).
Bonding is rarely equivalent or an alternative, and is not nearly as durable.

8 to 10 on top

To achieve a Hollywood smile which broadens the arch and takes care of tooth size discrepancies,  you would need at least 8 veneers on the top. It would be better to do 10 by adding the two additional premolars. You would also want to address the spacing on the lower front teeth with some bonding to close the visible gaps.  Another option would be to perform Invisalign or conventional Orthodontics creating a little bit of space around your upper lateral incisors then those two teeth could be veneered to help with their small size. Orthodontics would also close the gaps on the lower teeth so you would not need bonding down there, and you could whiten all of your teeth. So the orthodontic option would achieve a very nice broadened smile and correct the small size of your lateral incisors without having to veneer as many teeth. 
Douglas Jopling,  DDS Dallas,  Texas area

Veneers: How many for perfect hollywood smile.

Your pictures indicate that a minimum or 10 veneers on top would be needed.  You have a narrow maxilla and well you can give yourself a great smile with veneers a DNA Appliance to widen the maxilla before the veneers would give a superior look.  
I would try tray bleaching on the lowers, you may not require any more.  
Make sure your doctor does a diagnostic wax up and lets you wear trial prvisionals so you can be sure you like the look created.  The biggest mistake is not taking a visit or two to refine the Diagnostic provisionals.  After you live with your new smile for a few days you may find changes you  would like to make in permanent restorations.
Ira L Shapira DDS, D,ABDSM, D,AAPM, FICCMO
Chair, Alliance of TMD Organizations
Diplomat, American Academy of Pain Management
Diplomat, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
Regent & Fellow, International College of CranioMandibular Orthopedics
Board Eligible, American Academy of CranioFacial Pain
Dental Section Editor, Sleep & Health Journal Member, American Equilibration Society
Member, Academy of Applied Myofunctional Sciences