Vaser lipo revision - help and advice would be much appreciated? (Photos)

Hi I had vaser Liposuction done about 6 months ago on abdomen and flanks/hips, I got a really good result on the stomach, there is some difference in the hip area but not at all what I had hoped as there is still a very reasonable amount of fat left. I am very certain it is not swelling. My surgeon has said he will do a revision for me. Is it a good idea to do it again, if the surgeon wasn't able to get the proper result the first time around? Advice would be wonderful! Thank you in advance!

Vaser

It appears that your flanks were not treated adequately. I would simply go back when you are ready and have more removed. This area generally heals quite well without irregularities.

No worries.

Vaser liposuction

Hello, and thank you for your question. It is acceptable to do a revisional procedure to get out a little bit more fat following this surgery. We generally wait approximately 9 -12months in our practice. I would recommend that you discuss this with your treating surgeon. In addition to questions regarding how much fat can be removed you may also have a discussion regarding skin laxity and this is also a problem. Understand that the surgeon needs to leave some fat on the skin layer to prevent any potential contour deformities. Best of luck.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Vaser lipo revision - help and advice would be much appreciated?

Thank you for your question and photo. Your clothing does press in just below the hip and it is difficult to appreciate the asymmetry. What I see, as a surgeon with over a decade of VASER liposuction experience, is that these areas were sub optimally treated for you. I think you answered your own question about going back to your primary surgeon. You would do well with VASER Hi Def Liposuction, which is an advanced technique and not every surgeon who owns a VASER is proficient in this technique. It is like a fine sports car, but you can only drive it at 30 miles per hour. Seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in these advanced techniques of body sculpting. Good luck.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring / Tummy tuck / Mommy Makeover -- Unhappy With Outcome

I do not see significant disproportion, I do see some loose skin/fat but this needs a formal evaluation.  You may need a hi definition procedure , ie a more agressive approach.  Coosculpting/vaniquish added after vaser really helps give more significant outcome as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.