Vaginoplasty- how long after surgery can I get a Brazilian wax?

I am a regular waxer and am wondering how long I should wait after having Vaginoplasty surgery til I can start Brazilian waxing again? 6 weeks, 8 weeks, longer?

Brazilian wax after vaginoplasty

Hello April,

You should be cleared by your surgeon before any activity, this includes sex, exercise, and even waxing. Typically 6 weeks.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Denver Urogynecologist

You can shave at 4 weeks, and wax at 6 weeks after labiaplasty

Usually @ 5-6 weeks, but ask your surgeon...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

I would recommend holding off on any waxing till you get the green light from your surgeon.  This could be as little as 6 weeks but usually closer to 8 weeks.

Best of luck.

You should put your Brazilian wax on ice until you've healed

When your surgeon inspects your scars and says that you've healed, you may then resume waxing. This takes 6-8 weeks, but needs to be confirmed by inspection. If you can't see your surgeon at that point in time, send him/her a photo.

How long to wait to wax after vaginoplasty?

If you had labial work then I would wait 6 to 8 weeks before considering this.  For vaginoplasty it could be earlier.  I would get clearance from your surgeon.  

Waxing after vaginoplasty

should be determined by your surgeon but if you did not have anything done on your majora, waxing shouldn't impact anything adjacent to it so it could be safe sooner than the 6-8 weeks mentioned by others here.  You don't want to do anything that will place tension across your incisions for several weeks.  So check with your surgeon for the official recommendation.

Curtis Wong, MD

Wax after Vaginoplasty surgery

Thank you for your time. Your physician is most familiar with the details of your surgery so you should contact the office directly. Normally, patients wait until they have clearance from the operating physician- usually 6-8 weeks. 

Brazilian wax

Hi, thanks for your question and the depilation you can after 2 to 3 weeks all depends on your healing besides you must be sure that no infection and your skin appears normal.

Miriam Luciano, MD
Dominican Republic OB/GYN

Brazilian wax

Please get cleared by your surgeon. Usually 6 weeks is sufficient time for tissue to heal completely. Hipe this helps

Armen Kirakosyan, MD, FACOG, FACS
East Aurora Urogynecologist