What can cause your vagina outer appearance to become different? Something is wrong. My vagina has became deflated (photo)

My outside apperance has lost its volume, plumpness, my labia has gotten smaller, my vagina lips are more wide as in streached out. I am not sexually active im not a virgin i possibly had sex literally maybe more than ten times, im 23, never had a baby. My vagina feels loser, what can i do? It keeps getting worse, im depressed, my gyno said its normal but why does it Keep getting smaller ? I also leak urine alot

Vulva and vagina anatomy concerns

At 23 years of age you should not have the anatomical changes you describe since such changes are more typical for older women with decline of hormonal level ( mostly estrogen). It is highly unlikely that at your age you would have such significant drop in hormonal level. Also, leaking of urine is not typical at your age. To determine the etiology of your symptoms, you would need a thorough evaluation including possible medical causes of the symptoms you are experiencing. There is no reason to be depressed without knowing what the underlying cause is. You may consider a consultation by another gynecologist/urologist to get possibly the most accurate answer to your concerns.

Yvonne Wolny, MD

Vulva and vagina anatomy concerns

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yvonne Wolny, MD

Changes in vulva

should not happen at your age and you should find another doctor that will listen to you and be more diligent in searching for answers.  In addition, if you're having incontinence, you must find out why as that is also not expected at your age.  Uro-GYN's are probably best prepared to help you.

Changes in vulva

What can cause your vagina outer appearance to become different?

Thank you for posting.   Based on what you have described, this would correlate with someone much older then 23 and commonly history of childbirth.  It is very unusual for someone to be having these symptoms at your age.  I would suggest you get a hormone panel and a second opinion from a gynecologist

Best of luck and stay positive.

Best of luck and stay positive.

Changes in vaginal area at age 23

Changes in vaginal area at age 23

These are unusual changes at your age.  I agree that you should see a uro-gynecologist for evaluation.

tightening and plumping can all be done with a variety of methods but you need a better evaluation

Changes in vaginal area at age 23

Changes in vaginal area at age 23

Smaller vagina but less friction

Dear Niajo:

There are many different things which can give you the symptoms you are experiencing including:

1. Aging and menopause - highly unliekly as you are only 23 years of age
  2. Weight gain and weight loss 
  3. Spinal nerve trauma - due to a motor vehicle accident or a traumatic fall which injured the nerves in your pelvis

What is confusing is you explained that you only have had sex 10 times but you also state you feel looser.... how would you know if it was looser without having sex? Then you mention "it keeps get smaller"   your questions are difficult to follow.  Please see a specialist in urogyencology or gynecology to help in your assessment and recommendations.

John R MIklos MD

Smaller vagina but less friction

Dear Niajo:

2. Weight gain and weight loss 

John R MIklos MD

Your issues need a consultation

You need to be examined to determine what is going on with your symptoms. Urinary leakage is due to many things and cannot be diagnosed from your story alone.

Your issues need a consultation

No kids, losing urine, feeling "deflated..." Best to see an experienced cosmetic Gyno for evaaluation.

Hola Niajo,  With no photos and only your words, anything I would say here would be entirely theoretical and truly not helpful. I suggest you go online and find 2 different cosmetic gynecologists or cosmetic urogynecologists (Gyno's that also specialize in cosmetic work) and go in IN-PERSON to have an evaluation to see what they think would be best for you!

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Vaginal appearance deflating at age 23

Just about all of the signs and symptoms you are describing occur throughout menopause and the aging process as the hormone levels are plummeting. I suggest you visit another gynecologist and/or labiaplasty specialist to have a second opinion physical exam and/or some blood work done  to verify your hormone levels are age-appropriate.  Glad to be of help. 

Vaginal appearance deflating at age 23

Best to see another doctor in consultation...

Some doctors do not perform vaginal tightening surgeries and even fewer doctors perform cosmetic vaginal surgeries. You sound like you would benefit from evaluation and possible treatment using the VaJaser for non-surgical tightening of the canal. You can also have injectable filler like sculptra injected into the outer labia to fill them and make the vagina appear more youthful. Everyone responds differently to hormones as they develop, and this is unlikely to be related to sexual activity.