V disappointed ab communication of revision implant profile. HATING results so far. What do I do/say? (1.5wk post op). (photos)

11m ago I got a BA I loved. PS & I were clear on look: round/full/hanging. We looked at fotos, tried sizers, did subglandular Got contracture, we revised: submuscular+strattice. In pre-op she only showed me a #'d size chart, suggested more CCs; no sizers/fotos. I panicked, said I didnt want BIGGER In OR she did LOW PROFILE same CCs, but she never SHOWED me LP. Can LP look round/full? I feel she a did bad job explaining in laymans terms. She'll say I “asked for this.” I fear I need revision, no $

V disappointed ab communication of revision implant profile. HATING results so far. What do I do/say? (1.5wk post op).

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Sorry to hear you are not happy with the results so far. Let me just remind you that you are only 1.5 weeks from surgery and you still have a significant amount of healing and settling to take place before you see your final results. That being said, I do agree that there are some communication problems and you are your surgeon need to sit down and try to resolve these issues. I would suggest that if at 3-6 months post-op, you are still not happy with the results, then you need to discuss with her how to resolve your issues and improve your communication.

The difference

The difference between what you had and a low profile implant is the width of the implant and the amount of projection. Your surgeon apparently thought your initial result was too narrow for your body. That being said, the difference between mod profile (as far as I know there isn't a true "low profile" implant) and mod plus profile is fairly minimal in width (like less than a cm) in most cases. Talk with your surgeon, I'm sure he or she can explain the change in implant.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Go back

better communication. I agree, your initial surgical result was excellent. Cap Con can and will happen in a % of patients. Cap Con has nothing to do with implant style/projection. Not sure why you would have LP implant placed, good question for your surgeon. 

Thank you for the photos.  You need to go back and discuss this with your PS.  Communication is the only way to resolve your issues.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Very disappointed about communication of revision implant profile. HATING results so far. What do I do/say?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after  revisionary breast surgery;  based on the information posted here, I would agree with you that there seems to be primarily a problem of communication between you and your plastic surgeon.

Best to address your current concerns directly with your plastic surgeon in a calm and constructive fashion (this may be best done in front of a full-length mirror and/or with the help of goal photographs); hopefully, working together you will come up with a plan to change your outcome to one that you will be happier with. Best wishes.

Result

Thank you for the photos and question and you are still early post op so things should change.  That said communicate your concerns to your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD