UNEVENESS and asymmetry of incision to skin left vs right. Any suggestions? (photos)

What is best for healing of these uneven sloppy incisions?!

Thank you for the question and photos. It is early in your recovery but the scars and implants will settle with time. It usually takes 3 to 6 months. In the meantime you can perform scar massage with silicone based ointment or apply silicone sheets for best scar outcome. I would recommend that you speak to your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Thank you for your question. While you still have inflammation present and incisions are fresh, raised or indented contour irregularities are common. When you are cleared to do so, applying silicone gel or sheeting daily can help minimize their appearance. It will take roughly a year for your scars to mature. All the best

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Scar?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. I instruct all of my patients to perform daily scar massage and apply a silicone based scar ointment or tape to their incisions. Biocorneum makes an excellent product. Please ask your board certified plastic surgeon for specific instructions regarding his or her scar management protocol. Hope this helps!

Your overall shape looks good for nine days. it appears you increased 2 cup sizes or more. Certainly the right incision looks excellent. The left will get better with time as all scars do. The implants need to soften and settle first. Silicone sheeting is helpful to minimize scarring. Good luck.

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Periareolar Incision

Hello,There is nothing to do at this point, except keep them taped for at least 6 to 8 weeks with paper tape or silicone tape. This will mechanically support them while you are healing.  For the benefit of other women reading your post, inframammary incisions heal better aesthetically, with less risk of capsular contracture and no risk of other scar related shape deformities, compared to periareolar incisions. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS