Uneven lipo from 4 weeks ago; any thoughts? (Photos)

I had lipo 4 weeks ago, i think im very uneven. I was a little uneven before the lipo. Any thoughts? Do PS just measure the amount of fat of each side or really pay attention to detail and work the cannula until they reach symmetry.

Asymmetry after Liposuction

Thanks for your question and photos!  It is still too early to determine whether the areas will be asymmetrical after the swelling subsides.  For most people, it may take up to 3-6 months for all the swelling to resolve after liposuction.  During the healing process, healing and swelling resolution may occur at different rates on each side.  You also mentioned that you asymmetric before liposuction so some residual asymmetry after liposuction would not be unusual.  Often times, your surgeon attempts to improve the asymmetry but perfect symmetry may not be achieved due to other anatomic factors that may be contributing to the asymmetry, not just fatty tissue.  Hope this helps...Best of luck!

Joyce C. Chen, MD, MPH, FACS

I think it's too Early

It's too early to tell. Your photos don't reveal anything wrong. You have swelling and it needs to dissipate. Continue following up with your doctor. Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Uneven liposuction result -

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• The good news is that you have much more improvement to come and can't judge your final result.
  • If you were uneven before, you are likely to be uneven now - because asymmetry is more than fat.
  • For instance your photo suggests a very very subtle angle of your spine towards the fuller side -
  • Plastic surgeons usually remove the excess fat and try to remove the same amount on both sides if the sides are even or more on the fuller side.
  • But if you do have excess fat, when all the swelling is gone, in 9 months or so, a touch-up liposuction can be done, usually under local anesthesia in the office.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Swelling and Symmetry--What to expect after Liposuction: add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone to aftercare

This is probably swelling. It can take 4-6 months for your swelling to subside. I recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. A hi definition procedure could give you more contour.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lipo

Thank yo for your question. It is not uncommon to see differential edema (swelling).  It can take weeks for the swelling to subside, so wearing an appropriate compression dressing as described by your surgeon will be important.  To ease your concerns, I would call your surgeons office and I'm certain the will reassure you that your too early in the postoperative period to be concerned. good luck

John Renucci, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon