Is it possible to undergo both a breast lift and tummy tuck procedure during one scheduled surgery?

I desire both, and want them done sooner rather than later.

Yes, Mommy Makeover Combinations Are Safe

Yes, you can do both together. Any combination of breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction can be performed together and is commonly called a "Mommy Makeover". It's a pretty common request in my practice and patients do really well with the recovery.

Performing concurrent surgeries

I frequently perform these procedures together when the patient is an appropriate candidate.  That can only be determined by a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in these procedures.  Operative times of more than 6-8 hours increases the risk of complications, so I tend to limit surgeries to this time frame and to patients in extremely good health.  Whether your procedures can be performed meticulously within this period depends on the extent of what you want corrected as well as your body mass index and general health.  All the best to you for a fabulous result!

Whitney A. Burrell, MD

A breast lift and tummy tuck are often performed together

Thank you for the question. A breast lift and tummy tuck are frequently performed together.  The term “Mommy Makeover” usually refers to a tummy tuck and breast procedure performed together.   An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Can you combine a mastopexy with tummy tuck? Absolutely!

And if your chosen surgeon doesn't want to do it that way, find out why and get a second opinion.  Combining those procedures are routine in my practice and variations can be done to help make the procedures safer such as discontinuous undermining of the upper abdomen.  Now your health history may preclude this but your health would have to be pretty poor for that to happen.

Curtis Wong, MD

Great question. The answer is yes. Breast surgery and a tummy tuck are commonly combined into what is referred to as a "mommy makeover." This is typically performed as an outpatient surgery and gives the benefit of having only one period of recovery. 
Make sure to have several consults with board certified plastic surgeons.

Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck together

Yes, this is frequently done.  Some call it a "mommy makeover".  Typically it takes me 4.5 to 5 hours to do together.  You save money and recover just one time.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Combining operations

The combination of a breast  lift and tummy tuck is actually quite common.  These can be performed safely together.  The entire procedure should take about six hours.  Really a nice combination with high satisfaction.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. Yes, it is possible and quite common to do the two together as long as you are in overall good health and cleared for surgery by your primary care doctor. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Hello,It is very common to combine a tummy tuck with  breast surgery, frequently involving a breast lift; this is known as a 'mommy makeover'. Please visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons who do these surgeries frequently. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Yes you can combine the surgeries.  I did this yesterday in fact.  A tummy tuck and a breast lift is a very common combined procedure that I perform. Most of my patients go to an aftercare facility after such a big surgery. The recovery time is about 2-3 weeks. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good Luck!

Andrew T. Cohen, MD