What type of surgery will fix my crooked nose? (photos)

I had two incidents of head trauma when I was a child, and I think my crooked nose stems from one or both of them. What procedure will straighten my nose, and what is the general price range? Thanks!

Crooked nose

A septorhinoplasty would correct the deviation and allow for some refinement in your tip and perhaps the dorsum if necessary.  Obviously a physical exam by the treating PS would be in order prior to surgery.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

To answer your question, I would have to examine not just the external nose but also the inside the nose in person.  If you are having nasal breathing issues, you will likely need the inside of the nose reconstructed.  In addition to this, if you want your external nose to look different for cosmetic reasons, you may need a cosmetic rhinoplasty.  The range of the cost will vary greatly from surgeon to surgeon depending what you may need and want.  I recommend that you seek a double board certified facial plastic surgeon who can thoroughly evaluate you.

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery to Fix My Crooked Nose

A septorhinoplasty can be done to improve your appearance as well as correct the nasal obstruction which is obvious with the deviation and narrow bridge and central portion of your nose. A specialist can improve both form and function. Look at each surgeons' results and talk to some of their patients before deciding who you select. Exact costs can be provided after an examination of your nose and a discussion of your options but will vary between $8,000-11,000. Health insurance typically contributes to improving nasal breathing, especially after previous trauma.

Hello,A rhinoplasty would be appropriate to fix your nose. Go visit a few surgeons expert in rhinoplasty. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for a crooked nose.

Thanks for your photos.  You appear to have very thin skin and a narrow bridge which is deviated due to displacement of your septum.  Osteotomies to reposition the bones combined with placement of an asymmetric spreader graft will enable a straighter appearance.  I would recommend that you meet with several ABPS board-certified or ENT/facial plastic surgeons expressed and rhinoplasty to discuss options and to review before-and-after photos of other patients.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty

You will need work to straighten your septum and straighten and refine your nose and its framework.  Whether I would choose closed or open rhinoplasty would depend on more information than your single photo provides.  Choose an experienced surgeon who tailors their rhinoplasty procedure to the individual needs of the patient and doesn't try to fit everyone into a cookie cutter procedure.

Septo Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose.

Septo Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose. This will straighten your nose and septum. Any comedic changes such as hump removal, tip refinement etc can be done as well. See several very experienced rhinoplasty surgeons for the best results. Choose one whose noses look natural and not overdone. 

What type of surgery will fix my crooked nose?

The deviation of your nose that you would  like improved can be addressed with a nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) and a septoplasty which are typically done at the same time. A natural appearing nose can be achieved when the procedures are performed by an artistic plastic surgeon with extensive experience in nasal surgery.
Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

The length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination. Fees vary depending on the extent of the procedure, location of the surgical practice, and experience as well as the reputation of the surgeon.
Robert Singer, M.D., FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty for crooked nose repair

A Closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish straightening the crooked nose with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones accomplish straightening them. A cartilaginous spreader graft is usually placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage in the mid-portion of the nose. If there is a dorsal hump present, that can be shaved down at the same time which is usually due to the trauma. For more information and many before-and-afters of crooked nose repair in our practice, please see the link and video below