What type of liposuction treatment would be best for me ? (traditional, hi def, vaser?). (photos)

I am a 38 yo male ,I work out 3-4 times a week and still haven't been able to get rid of the love handles or belly fat even at my leanest weight .. What is the best solution to my problem?

Best Liposuction Treatment For Love Handles And Belly Fat

Thank you for your photos and question. I know that you are concerned with getting rid of the remaining belly fat and love handles, but it looks like you have a good base to work with. You have some definition of your rectus muscles (washboard) and obliques (sides), so the most important factor in finding the best liposuction treatment is the surgeon. If you are in the hands of the right surgeon, the added machines won't matter.After finding the right surgeon, let them choose the machine and technique. I would recommend that you have liposuction to thin down the layer of fat over your trouble areas evenly to allow your natural definition to show. Then I would enhance the definition a little more with etching. This can be performed with any of the liposuction modalities. Vaser and laser machines will reveal the contouring sooner, but not better. It's the surgeon that will make the difference. You should choose a well-qualified plastic surgeon who can show you many before & after photos of patients similar to yourself to help make your decision.

Liposuction - best machine

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Please choose the best plastic surgeon you can find
  • Then let her/him choose the machine.
  • It is the surgeon's expertise that will determine your result.
  • Since you are so fit, your surgeon should use small cannulas -
  • With the right surgeon and small cannulas, any kind of liposuction should give a good result.
  • Most plastic surgeons prefer pulsatile liposuction.
  • Any heated machine such as Vaser has the slight risk of burning the skin.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Abdominal Etching

Hello, thanks for sending your pictures and your inquiry, I would say that you would have excellent results with an abdominal etching, enhancing your own muscles in order to look natural and quite toned. Please research for before and afters and reviews for the procedure you are interested in having.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!Respectfully,Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Techniques

There continues to be a debate about which flavor of liposuction works best. Tumescent liposuction is really the last breakthrough that has provided plastic surgeons with a significant advantage. The addition of ultrasound and laser makes for good marketing; however, they add little to results and come with new problems. The truth is, for the best results, you want the best plastic surgeon. Let them worry about how to get the work done. When selecting a plumber, would you research the type of wrench they use? A professional is going to use the tools that give the best possible results.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon