What type of brow lift would fit me best? Maybe old-school direct? (photos)

Hi I'm 23 and want to just pull my naturally inward inner brows up caz angry look, soften face & open up eyes. I have thick brows, tan skin & strong corrigi muscles can be seen on forehead in person. The big thing is my hair is receding, & I'll be bald in few yrs. I likely don't want hair transplant, so bald head. Maybe direct would be best? I do have thick, dark brows to hide the incisions right above the brow plus need elevation. Don't want to risk botox effects, want more lasting fix. Thx

Young male patient for brow lift?

Similar to the others I would recommend that you consider Botox since it has some benefit and in my opinion you are not in need of a dramatic browlift.  With expectation of recession of your hairline (perhaps thwarted by use of Propecia)a browlift incision may be obvious in the future.  Alternatives for you would be to consider a rhinoplasty and possibly a conservative size chin implant to change your look.  I do not think you have enough brow ptosis to warrant surgery under any circumstances in my opinion.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

No browlift would be indicated at your age

and unless you want a feminized forehead, stay away from having a surgical procedure now.  As others have said, Botox could be used to see if would produce the subtle results that you seek.

Curtis Wong, MD

Brow lift

Good question.

Your brow shape is arched because the outer (lateral) part is high and inner (medial) part is low.  To achieve a straight brow, botox can be placed over the outer part to lower the outer brow, and between the brows to raise the inner part.

I would not recommend a direct browlift in you because of the scar.  I recommend a limited endoscopic browlift to raise in the inner, medial part of your brow.  This is done by removing or cutting the corrugator and procedure muscles, and fixing the central scalp.  This could be done with two or three small incisions behind the hairline that may not be very noticeable with hair loss. 

Hope this helps.  

Raj P. TerKonda, MD, FACS

Direct Brow lift Technique

I would not recommend the direct brow lift technique where the incision is placed at the edge of the eyebrows because it is very difficult to hide this scar and is frequently very obvious. The central brow can be lifted with a limited incision using the Irregular Trichophytjc Hairline Incision that we described many years ago.

Here's the thing...

First, you can treat hair loss without getting a transplant. I have great success with PRP and progesterone injections to the scalp. As to your brow, I recommend a formal evaluation with an expert to discuss the look you'd like to achieve and whether a brow lift would be right for you. Best, Dr. Emer

Browlift in young male?

brow lives with an incision above the brow leave a very noticeable scar so I would advise against this. In the photo you were lifting your medial brow and the best incision for this would be in the hairline over the center of your forehead.  This can be done with the irregular Trichophytic incision so no scar can be seen until you have progression of baldness. It can be only 1 inch long. 

Browlift,hairtransplant,or nose job

To begin with you are not a good candidate for a browlift which will raise your forehead even higher and push you hairline back. Hair transplant may not work for you as you are young and will continue to lose more hair. This means that you will require continual surgery to chase your hairline back. I would consider getting a nose job to shorten your nasal length and drooping nasal tip. I think that this procedure may prove the most dramatic in improving your profile.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Brow lift: selecting the best technique for your face

Brow lift is a procedure to adjust the position of the eye brow to raise sagging brows or improve symmetry.

There are a number of techniques to lift the brows. These range from injection with neurotoxin (Xeomin, Dysport, Botox) and surgical techniques with incisions that can be below/above the brow, middle of the forehead, at the hair line, in the scalp, and tunnels just behind the hairline with or without an endoscopic camera. 

Each technique has its advantages and disadvantages. For younger patients, I always suggest starting with an injection. It's safe, reliable, and temporary. It gives you a chance to trial what your face would potentially look like. A consultation is necessary to determine appropriate techniques for your face to produce a safe and happy results. safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift

As already recommended, you can try a little botox first to see if you can get some elevation of the medial brow.  You can do a small direct brow to elevate this area.  With a direct brow lift you can get a scar and in this area it can be more visible than in the lateral brow since the skin here is thicker and more sebaceous.  With a thick brow it will be easier to hide a scar.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bit early

so you might want to try something simple first. A little botox under the brow at the point you want to be the highest can lift the brow by 2-3 mm. This is usually quite a lot and most of what you get with a surgical procedure. It will also have the added bonus of letting you know what a brow lift might look like in you in the future. Why not try that and see how you get on.

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin