Which type of (Asian) eyelid surgery am I a good candidate for? (Photos)

I definitely prefer the suture method, but though I'm pretty young and have thin eyelids, I wear contacts. My right eye may have too much extra skin and kind of creates two creases, if that makes sense. Would I have to give up on suture to go for the incisional or partial incisional method?

Asian Eyelid Surgery

You could still be a candidate for the suture method technique to create double eyelid creases.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Eyelid surgery types

Luckystars, your eyelids appear to have a bit of extra skin.  Suture procedures would not address this and you may still have extra skin following the procedure.  Also, this procedure tends to fade after five years or so.  I would recommend that you have an incisional procedure which could address the double fold you seek and the removal of excess skin.  I don't really know if there is a partial incisional method.  Once you cut into the eyelid, it is considered incisional.  Incisional procedures don't take long - maybe 45 min.  In addition, there is little to no pain following the surgery.  Recovery is generally a month or so.  Hope this helps. Cheers

Hugo Higa, MD
Honolulu Oculoplastic Surgeon

Incision technique

The incision technique is without a doubt the more predictable and successful technique of crease revision.
You do have a slight about of excess skin which could be addressed with this technique, though I would not recommend removing more than 2 or 3 mm of skin.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian eyelid

From your photos, you would be a candidate for a standard blepharoplasty to remove just some of the extra skin of your upper eyelids, but not to make the occidental eyelid.  It should keep the beautiful shape of the Asian led.

Asian blepharoplasty

The incisional technique will allow better control of the soft tissues and 3D contours of the eyebrow-eyelid complex. 

Costas Papageorgiou, MD, FACS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Eyelid Surgery

I prefer the incision technique for Asian Double Fold creation.  It is more permanent and more precise.  You are an excellent candidate for the procedure, but you require exact precision in order to get both of your folds symmetrical.  Make sure you choose a surgeon with a lot of experience doing the #AsianDoubleFoldProcedure as there is a steep learning curve and a lot of nuances to getting a good result.  Good luck.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Incision method best long term for Asian upper blepharoplasty

The incision method for Asian upper blepharoplasty will give you the best long term result. See link below. 

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian eyelid surgery

Asian eyelid surgery involves developing a new eyelid crease or deepening th existing shallow crease or in some instances, unifying creases which sometimes seen on the lateral aspect of the eyelid. There are number of techniques for this procedure and I prefer the open one as it never fails. Best

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO

Eyelid surgery

Thank you for the photo and question and a direct approach to the lid and suturing to the levator will give the best result

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Partial incision and pure suture method are similar in effect.

Both of these approaches in the right hands would create a double fold.  Less is more.  However neither of these methods will support the eyelashes which are ptotic and lack support which is created when there is a direct adhesion from the upper eyelid platform skin and muscle to the anterior levator aponeurosis.  Surgeons performing suture methods do not identify the levator tendon.  For this reason, suture method or even partial incision surgery cannot control the eyelash ptosis.  The unsupported lashes shade the upper cornea and prevent the eyes from looking jewel like after surgery.