Tummy tuck revision - weight loss? (photos)

i am asian male 30 years old. i had mini tummy tuck 5 years ago. i wanted to full tummy tuck. the doctor doesn't want it he suggested mini tummy tuck. I noticed later he didnt meet a male patient who has more thick skin than female. the result never satisfied me. it made me more depressed. my dream is only making good shape and can sit on in pool. if i have tummy tuck revision, should i lose weight extremely before surgery? can get much better shape after revision without 360tummy tuck?

Revision?

Based on your photos, I am not sure if you have enough laxity for a full tummy tuck. There is a chance that the hole in which the belly button used to sit, and is usually excised with the rest of extra skin ends up giving you a a short vertical scar. The way around it would be by bringing your horizontal scar higher which I don't think you would want. I think liposuction or cool sculpting might give you just what you want.

Of course, nothing can replace a physical exam by a plastic surgeon.

Pasadena Physician

Tummy tuck

You look like a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening for a flatter abdomen,I recommend you consult carefully with a board certified PS.

Full tummy tuck with muscle plication

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.  This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Revision - Options

Thank you for reaching out and posting photos. There are definitely some options! You could definitely get a revision and have a full tummy tuck. As for the flanks on your back side, you could try coolsculpting, or liposuction. You are in great shape, you should feel confident. Visit a few Board Certified Surgeons to learn about all of your options! Please feel free to message us with any other questions. Best of Luck. Dr. Kachenmeister

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Revision tummy tuck.

I believe you would benefit greatly from a revision of your tummy tuck. Since you're not a weight patient, I don't believe you will benefit from a 360 tummy tuck or body lift. I would have to see you in person to really tell. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

Hello, thanks for your pictures and your inquiry, I would suggest to have a tummy tuck and lipo in your torso and back, that way you would achieve a better result. You are doing a good job working out! Congratulations.

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Full Abdominoplasty

Unfortunately, your surgeon was unlikely an ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that performs complex body contouring procedures regularly.  You would be a great candidate for a comprehensive abdominoplasty that includes 360 degrees of liposuction around your torso. You do not need a belt lipectomy, aka lower body lift or 360 tummy tuck. Please visit the previously described surgeons that perform the most modern surgery without the need for drains and one week recovery. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck revision - weight loss?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I think it is best to advise you to have a face-to-face meeting with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss what options are available and best for you to consider.  Your middle picture seems to show a quite satisfactory result but perhaps some touchup liposuction would benefit you by flattening your stomach further and helping in the hip roll area. This would need to be confirmed on a face-to-face physical examination.  Being at a healthy and maintainable weight before any surgical procedure is always well advised.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Revision tummy tuck in a male

Fortunately there are a number of options for you to tighten your skin further.  Especially after large weight loss, the upper abdominal skin may also show looseness.  It should be a straightforward matter to convert your tummy tuck to a tummy tuck that would tighten the upper abdomen as well.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Tummy tuck revision

Thanks for your question. I would also recommend seeing a plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and to better guide you. You do not need a 360 tummy tuck (belt lipectomy). If your main concern is the excess skin then this will likely not improve with liposuction alone. However, after a mini tummy tuck some patients don't have enough excess skin to be able to perform a full tummy tuck later. Best to visit with a plastic surgeon in your area.

Regards,

Surjit S. Rai, MD

Surjit S. Rai, MD
Dallas Physician