Am I a good candidate for a Tummy tuck? (photos)

Hi! I am wondering if I am a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery. I also have hernia which needs repair. I currently weigh 210 lbs (maximum was 265 lbs).I have lost about 55 pounds.

Wonderful Tummy Tuck for YOU

You are a perfect candidate for a Tummy Tuck in order to get rid of the saggy skin and also I would do a tight muscle repair which will help us to achieve both: the flatter abdomen and tapered waist. 
I just have to be honest about the stretch marks which are very high and they will not disappear, specially those on to of your belly button.
I can only envision a great result.
Be encouraged.
Dr. Cardenas 

Planning a tummy tuck

Thank you for your question about your tummy tuck.

1. Congratulations on your weight loss - well done!
  2. Keep on the weight loss campaign until you reach your goal weight and stabilize.
  3. Then you would be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and hernia repair.
  4. If you are as low as you can go, you can probably have a tummy tuck now but the repair will be better if you get as close as possible to your ideal weight.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck best result

it would be best to get to your lowest weight possible before any surgical procedure. That way we can remove as much skin as possible and tighten you.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Yes, congrats

Congrats on the progress. You could have a nice result with a tummy tuck. You should continue to lose weight and allow it to stabilize before a tummy tuck for the best result. I agree that the high stretch marks will shift down but won't go away completely. Losing more weight will both give you the best result and decrease your chance of complications.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

A little more weight loss

Hi there,
well done on your weight loss to date but I think losing a little more weight would serve you well in preparation for abdominoplasty in terms of longevity of results and minimising complications.
all the best,
James

James Southwell-Keely, MD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. 
As of now I personally think that you are not a good candidate for a tummy tuck, asat your weight your potential for complications is considerably higher than if you were at your ideal body weight  (which I know is fantasy) but 20 pounds or even more lighter is not fantasy and has potentially fewer complications.  Also your results at this weight cannot be as good as when your are lighter. Your recovery is easier at a lower weight as well as faster. For all these reasons I would not operate on you as of now. 
Also importantly it is easier to get a good hernia repair at a lighter weight than you are now.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a Tummy tuck?

Yes but consider losing some weight prior to surgery. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a Tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on the weight loss!  Based on your pictures it appears that you would be an appropriate candidate for a tummy tuck, however a full evaluation would be necessary prior to making that determination.  Ideally, you would reach your ideal body weight prior to having a tummy tuck surgery, as you will have less than optimal aesthetic results if you continue to lose weight after a tummy tuck.  Your hernia will also need to be evaluated and examined, and there is a possibility that you might need a CT scan of your abdomen and pelvis prior to undergoing any surgery.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in abdominal wall reconstruction can help you to understand what your options are.  I have included a link to a paper I published to provide you with additional information regarding abdominal wall hernia repair.  Best wishes.  

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS

Yes

Yes you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  You have extra skin and loose fascia which is where the muscles are.  You should lose as much weight as you can and then when you have stabilized and cant lose any more i would consider the tummy tuck. The hernia is done at the same time as the tummy tuck.

Always look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Good Luck,

Andrew Cohen, MD

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Tummy tuck!

From the sounds of it you'd be a great tummy tuck candidate.  i would echo the other plastic surgeons comments and suggest that you stay on your current healthy nutritional intake and exercise as it will aid in your recovery and improve your results. Surgery is the most effective way of removing the excessive skin and fat displayed in the photo.  Enjoy the exciting changes ahead.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon