Do I have tuberous breast?

I'm 25 years old. My right breast is larger than the left. And my right sags more while my left breast is small and perky. I'm a 36A/B And I have large areolas. I was reaserching on tuberous breast to and I wanted a doctor's recommendation. Thank you very much

Tuberous breast considerations #plasticsurgery

Both breast augmentation and breast lift techniques are employed to correct tuberous breast anatomy. 

Find the right surgeon as an in person consultation is required

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question and photos.  It does appear that you have tuberous breasts.  If the size or shape bothers you there is a surgical correction to it so seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who performs a lot of breast surgeries.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Saggy not tuberous

Your breasts appear to be saggier, rather than tuberous. A breast lift and areola reduction can be performed to reshape the breast to give it a more pleasing shape. Breast augmentation may be performed if you want to increase your breast size.

Tuberous breast deformity?

Thank you for your question and for attaching photos. It does not appear you have a true tuberous breast deformity. If you are unhappy with the shape of your breasts, by suggestion would be to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who is a member of ASPS and ASAPS. He or she can examine you and review options that may work well based on your desired outcome. In my opinion a breast lift and augmentation would work well for you to give you better shape, nipple position and decrease your areola size. Good luck to you.

Tuberous breasts.

You have mildly tuberous breasts, and can be improved with a peri areolar breast lift, or mastopexy, and possible implant.

Do I have tuberous breast

Although you have a narrow base width to your breast, you do not have a tuberous breast. I do think a breast lift with an implant would help you get better symmetry and better shape. You could use different size implants or use the same size implants and reduce the larger side a little at the same time.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation/lift

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It looks as though you display a few of the common signs of tuberous breast deformity such as flat upper breasts and areolar herniation which is puffy or large nipples/areolas. This can be corrected with a breast augmentation/possible lift and a nipple/areola reduction to reshape the breasts and nipples/areolas to a more pleasing shape and size.  I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can have a physical examination of your breasts done to decide the best implants for you. At my office, we use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix  is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose.  
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Areola Reduction/Lift

Thank you for your question and photos. Enlarged, puffy areolas are one characteristic of tuberous breast that you appear to have but not tissue constriction. A regular breast lift and areola reduction could give you the improvement you are looking for. I recommend that you see a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to share your concerns and learn about your options. 

All the best 

Do I have Tuberous Breasts?

Thank you for your question and provided photos.  A tuberous breast deformity can present in a number of different severities.  A tuberous breast commonly presents with widened nipple areolas, some component of herniated (protruding) breast tissue focused under the nipple areola, and differing severity of constriction to the lower aspect/pole of the breast.  Surgical treatment options to address a tuberous breast deformity focus on release of the constricted areas and improving nipple areola position, shape, and size.  Based on your provided photos, you appear to some characteristics of a tuberous breast.  The lower pole of each breast appears narrowed and constricted.  You also have enlarged nipple areolar but minimal herniation of breast tissue.  Without being able to perform an examination, I feel you have some options to improve your breast symmetry.  If you solely desire improved breast symmetry, you would benefit a left circumareolar lift and a right circumvertical reduction/lift.  If you preferred to increase your breast volume, a bilateral circumareolar lift combined with augmentation would be suggested.  In that approach, focus would be to release any lower pole constriction of your breast tissue with the additional understanding that different implant sizes/shapes may be needed to achieve maximum symmetry.  If you are considering pursuing surgical correction, I encourage you to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Best of luck with you future decisions, 

Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon