Best TT doctor in California?

I've been trying to find the best doctor in California for a tummy tuck. I'm 200lbs curvy and just want a flat tummy. I want a doctor that knows how to keep my curves, but get rid of the rolls! Any suggestions for surgeons in California would be greatly appreciated!
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Best Tummy Tuck Surgeon?

There are so many excellent surgeons in our area.  Look for an ABPS Bd Certified Surgeon and a member of ASAPS with a good reputation.  Meet a couple and find the doctor who gives you the greatest sense of caring and confidence.  Many patients, if not most, come in having reviewed web sites and before and after photos to be confident that their chosen surgeon obtains good results and has significant experience.  My feeling is that it's most important to avoid less than excellent surgeons since mistakes are difficult and often expensive to correct.  Also be sure that you are at a good and maintainable weight and enjoying good health to do your part to achieve a superior result.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Locating a Surgeon

A good place to start is with Realself and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to locate highly experienced surgeons in your area.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Best Tummy Tuck doctor in California?

In regards to your research, careful selection of your plastic surgeon, in my opinion, is the most important factor to consider. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. This website is also an excellent reference for board certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery and specifically tummy tuck surgery.
***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I also try to connect patients with other patients who have had the procedure performed so you can hear first hand from a patient who had surgery. The attached link/video may be helpful to you as you learn more.

Start with RealSelf

RealSelf has links to board certified plastic surgeons on this page.
You can also search for plastic surgeons in your local area on RealSelf.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your tummy tuck. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in body contouring procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see who you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS

Best Tummy Tuck Surgeon in California

There are many excellent plastic surgeons in California, we all think we are the best! I recommend that you research surgeons who are Board Certified in Plastic Surgery. You can find a listing on the website for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Next go to selected surgeons websites and view before and after pictures of their tummy tuck patients. In addition, you can read reviews on surgeons posted online by some of their patients, there are many sites including this one that give reviews. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Tummy tuck srgeon

There is no shortage of excellent surgeons in your area.  Go on a few consults to find one with whom you are comfortable and look at a lot of photos.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy tuck candidate

I would recommend finding a plastic surgeon on the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery website. You should consult with a few surgeons in person to determine if you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck.
Try to view as many before/after photos and positive reviews as you can for your surgeon.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Tummy Tuck/ Abdominoplasty/ Reverse Tummy Tuck/ Liposuction/Muscle Plication/ Fleur de lis Abdominoplasty

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can call look at before/after pictures on their websites prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

I've got just the guy for you

Hi-

I do many tummy tucks, have written book chapters, penned articles, and lectured about it.  But since you asked for the best...

There is just one person I contact whenever I have a unique tummy tuck case or a question about improving my results.  Whenever we speak I learn something profound.

His name is Dr. Lorne Rosenfield and his office is in Burlingame, which is near San Francisco.

In my opinion he is the best tummy tuck surgeon in the country.

His website is below:

Steven Teitelbaum, MD