Trusculpt? Permanent? Risky?

I have fat on the back of my thigh, I have been told coolsculpting is not a good option for that area. The doctor recommended Trusculpt instead. However , when looking online for multiple photos and information, I do not find any information about this procedure. Is it permanent destruction of the fat cells? Are there any risk in doing trusculpt on the leg area? Is dimpling, denting or rippling a possibility when doing trusculpt on thighs. Is this a suitable alternative to coolsculpting?

TruSculpt Treatment

The TruSculpt system is designed to provide a safe and comfortable procedure. Typically, there is no downtime after the treatment, though patients may experience mild discomfort. Side effects can include redness, sweating, and mild tenderness in the treated areas. Usually these side effects resolve within a few hours. TruSculpt is quite effective by permanently removes fat cells but does not prevent you from gaining weight if you overeat.  

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

NO Down-time, No Risk with Non-invasive Body Contouring Devices

Naturally , with any medical energy device, a professionally trained technician is the best assurance that the optimal results will occur with the least risk of adverse effects! 
As we say---The Technician is an important to the Tool -- when delivering personalized outcomes!We have had great results with smoothing the back of the upper thighs with TruSculpt sessions. This is most likely due to the dual action of the fat destruction and remodeling with heat and the radio frequency that tightens skin.

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

TruSculpt is permanent and not risky when done by well trained technician

TruSculpt is quite effective by permanently removes fat cells but does not prevent you from gaining weight if you overeat.  Risks are minimal to nonexistent when truSculpt is done by a well trained and experienced technician. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Steven Yarinsky, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting on the thighs

It is true Coolscultping is not FDA approved for use on the thighs. Many patients have been treated on the thighs in an off label manner and it can have nice results. I would caution patients about this nonetheless as in the wrong hands undesirable results may occur.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for off-label use in fat reduction of the thighs

I do not have personal experience in treating fat with TruSculpt but I have had success, as other doctors have had, using CoolSculpting's flat applicator, "Cool Fit" to reduce fat of the posterior and other parts of the thighs. Of course, every patient is built differently and not all patients who have bulges of fat on the thighs are candidates for CoolSculpting. In our NYC practice, the doctor fits the patient with the appropriate applicators during the consultation to determine if the treatment is suitable for them and then discusses the risks.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon