Treatment for asymmetrical eyes and orbital dystopia? (photos)

As you can see, my right eye is higher than my left and also slightly bulgier. This has bothered for a while, especially in pictures. Is there any recommended treatment to make the eyes a bit more symmetrical? One doctor advised me to do orbital decompression of the right eye, but I'm a bit hesitant as I don't have Grave's disease and there seems to be a high risk for complications.....

Dystopia

Thank you for your photo. All people have a degree of facial asymmetry where one side of the face is larger or higher than the other side. I would not recommend getting an orbital decompression or invasive procedure on your eye for such small, if any, improvement. The risk of eye injury, eyelid malposition, or cosmetic defects is not worth the amount of benefit gained. Also, any attempt to reposition the globe itself can cause vision changes since your brain has adjusted to the current positions of your eyes to create the focused images you see . If your eyesight is currently not being affected by your condition, it may not be the best idea to alter your eye position. Floor plates and other implants are most commonly used for reconstructive trauma patients. Hope this helps.

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Orbital dystopia

Orbital decompression is the wrong procedure. Instead I suggest an orbital floor implant which will push the left eye up and out. There is very little risk unlike decompression, and it is completely reversible.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Unfortunately we have some very hungry surgeons who are recommending orbital decompression for almost anything.

You have slight facial asymmetry.  The right eye sits slightly higher in the face than the left.  This is not fixed by an orbital decompression.  The eyes themselves otherwise to not appear prominent.  Unless there is something that does not appear in the photos, I just do not see a justification for an orbital decompression.  I would recommend getting other opinions from reputable surgeons who are not pushing orbital decompression for every patient who asks for one.  Don't buy something you do not need just because it is on sale.