Is it possible to have Transaxillary Breast Implants put on and axillary breast tissue removal from the same incision?

I am 20 years old and I believe that the "fat" under the armpit might be breast tissue. I have it all my life and it bothers me. I have a small frame and I am thin. I am interested on breast implants (so far I was considering under the muscle, but I still want to see a doctor in person to know what my options are). Is it possible to have both done through the same incision? If possible, would the axillary breast removal make my breasts more far apart? Would that have any impact my breast implants?

Removal of axillary breast tissue or fat with transaxillary breast augmentation

Sure, it is possible to place breast implants through a transaxillary incision after removing axillary breast tissue and/or fat. Whether the underarm tissue is denser breast tissue that needs direct excision (removal) or fat that can be liposuctioned for a better contour, this is do-able. I have done both prior to inserting breast implants through this type of incision and under the muscle. It actually facilitates, or makes the visualization and dissection to the lateral border of the pectoralis major muscle easier in my opinion, as it removes a layer of extra soft tissue that sits there on the way to the edge of the pectoralis  muscle during the initial part of the transaxillary breast augmentation. Usually, it would not make the breast implants appear to sit wider apart, and would not impact the breast implants in that respect. 

Of course, I would recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon so he or she can examine you, as everyone's anatomy is different. 

Thanks fork your question.  In all probability it is feasible to perform both procedures through an axillary incision but an exam is necessary to confirm. If you only have fat that needs removal, liposuction is very easily performed through the axillary incision. 

Transaxillary partial subpectoral breast augmentation is a very effective means of achieving a natural result as long as you're not planning on placement of excessively large implants.  Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified surgeon to discuss your options.  

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Axillary breast augmentation and extra tissue

The short answer is "yes"!.  I have seen a number of patients with small amounts of axillary breast (diagnosed usually with swelling in the armpit area during menses or pregnancy).  This tissye is relatively easily removed and at the same time, doing axillary breast augmentation.

Axillary approach

Thank you for the question and theoretically the two operations could be done through the same incision but an examination is needed.  So get some opinions from experts in your area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD