Traditional or Vaser liposuction? Is Vaser worth the extra money?

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. This type of contoung is done by very few physicians and requiest expertise and skill and is much better than traditional, laser or other types.  Please consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Vaser vs "Traditional" Lipo?

Thank you for your question.  I am not sure how much extra you've been quoted for Vaser, but Vaser does require more time and for that reason, many surgeons charge a little more for it.  If you are considering Vaser "Hi Def," then considerably more time is involved and the up charge will likely be significant.  The primary consideration when deciding between Vaser and standard liposuction should be how much skin tightening you need or desire.  If you have a significant amount of stretch marks and loss of skin elasticity, then you would not be a candidate for a "Hi Def" procedure, which is used to highlight the natural musculature beneath the fat layer.  Patients with significant loss of skin elasticity, unfortunately, get very little skin tightening, regardless of what system is used, and a skin excision procedure would be more appropriate (such as a tummy-tuck, for example).  Everyone's skin will contract to some degree or another when the fat is removed.  The heat produced by the Vaser will enhance skin tightening, as will that of laser-assisted liposuction (SmartLipo, CoolLipo, etc.).  In younger patients with excellent skin quality and no stretch marks, I would recommend going with standard liposuction, as they will get excellent skin tightening merely from volume reduction.  If you are older and have some loss of skin elasticity, then maybe Vaser would be a better choice.  I hope this helps and good luck!