Tip is protruding out far at 3-weeks post op. Is this normal swelling, that will go down soon? Or is this final shape? (Photos)

3 weeks post-op Rhino. See pics! Seems like the tip of my nose is protruding out even further now, or at least the same length as it was before. Getting concerned that its going to look deformed. I thought the swelling should be going down wk by wk, not increasing? I know that ts pretty normal for the tip of the nose to swell out wider in the beginning, but is it also normal for the tip to PROTRUDE outward? If the tip would go in a bit & the profile would smooth I would be so happy w results.

Need to wait..

Its too early and before you get your final result the nose will increase and decrease in size due to swelling; the swelling does not just keep getting less but rather gets less then it may get worst with the trend being that over a 12 month period it will be all gone.  You need to wait and not panic.

Rhinoplasty Swelling

Although you clearly got a great result, you are not done with healing. This is a process that takes a year or more.  Occasionally, some individuals will benefit from early corticosteroid injections into the nose to improve results. Go visit your surgeon soon. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty results take time

It's best to wait for six months to one year to see the final result of a rhinoplasty (even longer for multiple redo procedures!).  This can be a frustrating period for both the patient and the doctor, but it is necessary to wait.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Tip swelling after rhinoplasty

The swelling of the tip is the very last area of the nose to decrease after rhinoplasty.  Swelling will fluctuate day to day, week to week, and month to month.  This normal healing process will continue for months after your surgery.  It is far too soon to be able to discern any sort of outcome at this point.  It is best to have close follow up visits with your surgeon.