Can my tip be made more projected with Rhinoplasty????

The removal of cartilage has given my nose a much wider/flatter appearance from the front profile. The bridge also looks flatter and the nostrils appear to flare out more.

Can my tip be made more projected with Rhinoplasty

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty to increase projection of the nose?

Yes Revision rhinoplasty to increase projection of the nose can be done after the swelling has gone down--9-12 months. I would need to see photos or examine your nose toy be specific. You can go to my website and others and see the type of revision rhinoplasty results achieved.

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

A revision rhinoplasty is a very difficult procedure to perform correctly, so choose your surgeon very wisely. Because of this, a full set of photographs are required to make any determination about what can and cannot be accomplished with the procedure. It's also best to try to obtain your old records to find out what was done previously with the primary rhinoplasty. Cartilage grafting techniques can be used to give more projection to the tip and the wide nose can be narrowed with osteotomies placed in the nasal bones.

Increasing the Tip Projection

Tip projection can be increased but you need more time to evaluate your rhinoplasty result and make any decisions re a revision.

Dear m0kat, The answer is yes your nasal tip can be more projected with revision rhinoplasty. From your earlier posts I believe you are only a few months post rhinoplasty surgery and you will have to wait some time for the swelling to dissipate. Your nasal bridge is to wide giving your nose a flat rectangular look. It may be that during surgery when the surgeon removed your small bump that he/she did not perform osteotomies at that time. Even though you will not be able to have surgery right away you can certainly see some experts in the field of rhinoplasty for second opinion to help ease your mind. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

Yes, absolutely. You would benefit greatly from a minimally invasive surgical procedure that has little to no downtime, no visible incisions or scars, no packing, and no pain. Please make sure to consult with a physician very experienced in facial cosmetic surgeries and rhinoplasty.

good luck!

H. George Brennan, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip projection

Thank you for the question and the simple answer is YES.  So see some experts in your area and find out how

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD