I'm thinking about getting botox, but I'm not sure if it'll help me with my issue. (photos)

I raise my forehead/eyebrows so that my eyes can have more shape in them. When I raise them, I get wrinkles on my forehead. I want my eyes to look like the second photo without having to force it and getting wrinkles.

Forehead lines and brow position

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. With a small amount of Botox placed lateral to your eyebrow, you can weaken the lateral aspect of the orbicularis oculi muscle, which is a circular muscle around the eye that contract when you squint. Relaxation of the outer orbicularis oculi results in a subtle lift of the lateral brow. Any Botox placed into your forehead or the area between your brows (i.e., the glabella), would potentially lower the central portion of your brow. Unfortunately, there is no way to elevate your brow exactly as you are demonstrating in the photos while reducing or eliminating wrinkles. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Reducing Forehead Wrinkles

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. Botox can reduce forehead lines and frown lines; however, it will not necessarily provide the elevation of your brows that you desire. I recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified cosmetic surgeon, who will then perform an in-person evaluation and determine if Botox is right for your situation.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Brow position and forehead wrinkles

Thank you for your question. Botox treatments can raise your brows just as you wish. Additional Botox injections to your upper fohead can diminish the wrinkles there. In my opinion, you should be able to obtain exactly the results you want! Best of luck.

Michael J. Denk, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Botox for a brow lift effect

A brow lift effect can be achieved with Botox by treating the glabellar muscles (between eyebrows) and the crow's foot areas - treatment of the frontalis (the broader surface of the forehead itself) does tend to drop brow position, but will smooth the forehead.

Botox brow lift

With a small amount of botox in the right places you can achieve this effect.  Ensure you see a board certified plastic surgeon/dermatologist for the best results.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox

Thank you for your photos. Botox works by temporarily paralyzing the muscle. It is absolutely possible to use Botox to reduce wrinkling while still being able to raise your eyebrows and forehead. That being said, there is an inverse relationship to the effect. The more you make the wrinkles disappear, the less you will be able to raise your forehead/eyebrows. If being able to raise your eyebrows as high as possible is a priority, you should have a very conservative injection of Botox to reduce, but not completely remove the wrinkles that are forming. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

How can I improve my eye shape?

This is a very good question. As other doctors have mentioned, you can use Botox to improve the brow position. However, in addition, you have a heavy eyelid commonly referred to as ptosis. This is also affecting your eye shape. Micro- amounts of Botox placed to the eyelid muscles can improve this ptosis and eye shape as well.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for eyebrow lift

Great question and the true depends of closer, in person, examination.
Generally speaking, Botox injections will help but I am not sure is there can be as dramatic and the whole forehead lifting.
I recommend that you see an experienced doctor for a thorough consultation and assessment prior to proceeding with any treatments.
I hope this helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox to change eye shape?

From your photos I don't think you can get the elevation of your inner brow from botox as shown in your photo (nor do I think that you would want it)!  Botox and Xeomin are great for softening forehead wrinkles and crow's feet while providing a small amount of outer brow elevation.  Give them a try if that would be of interest to you but your expectations need to be realistic.  Regards,Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Botox and Resuts / What Age To Start? / Forehead Wrinkles, Eyebrow Shaping, Eye Crows Feet Wrinkles

I suggest seeing an expert, botox should be used conservatively on you to get a nice lift to the brow and soften the forehead lines.  I think the microneedling/PRP and low level lasers should be used like clear + brilliant to help the fine lines from forming and tighten the skin and pores.  Best, Dr. Emer.