Too thin for a Brazilian Butt Lift? (Photo)

Hello, I am a 20 year old female. My weight is about 132 pounds and I am 5'4 tall. I really want a Brazilian butt lift but many surgeons I consulted told me they could only transfer the amount of 300-350 cc in each cheek. That is not enough for me, I want a big butt. How much weight should I gain for achieving nice results?

BBL candidate

If you don't have sufficient fat for a fat transfer than you should look into silicone gluteal implants. The feel of the implant is somewhat firmer than a fat transfer but may be your only option, other than gaining more weight.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

BBL candidate

From your photos you appear to be a great candidate for a Brazilian butt lift procedure. It is impossible to tell through photographs how much fat can be removed and transferred. You will need an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Thank you for your question.It is hard to tell from your photographs whether you have enough fat to harvest to fill out the buttocks area to your satisfaction but seeing as you have had multiple consultations and they seem to be in consensus that you will only be able to harvest around 300cc then you may be a better candidate for buttock implants or a combination of the two. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift and will help add volume and projection in the buttock area.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Too thin for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

From looking at your photos I think you will have a great result with a BBL. Remember when you are thin to start with, you don't need as much volume as women who are more voluptuous to start with. I never advise gaining weight for 2 reasons: 1) you have no control over where you gain the weight - some of us will gain it in our face or neck, arms, thighs etc. Not all the places where you gain it will be included in your BBL nor do you necessarily want to get lipo in your face. 2) You must maintain the weight gain to keep the results of your BBL. If you lose the weight, you butt will shrink accordingly. 

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision/ BBL / Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implant

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon