Does the thickness of the alar and tissue affect an alar base reduction?

If i wanted to reduce the width of my alar base by 1 cm (5 mm on each side) would the thickness of the ala and tissue get in the way and not allow me to achieve my goal?

Alar base reduction

Alar base reduction can be performed regardless of your ala thickness. Depending on the size of your ala and degree of reduction desired you will require either an internal wedge excision (preferred) or an external excision (used for larger alar base reductions). A consultation would be very helpful.

You need to be Seen

As was told to you yesterday, your questions cannot be answered with accuracy and you should have a few consultations with rhinoplasty experts.  As I said before, 5 mm is a big distance.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS