Thick or thin nose skin? How much can my nose be reduced? (Photo)

Do I have thick or thin skin and also how much can my nose be reduced especially the tip I mean significant reduction or not that much?

Nose and skin

From your front view, your nose appears totally normal and well-balanced. Therefore,  no surgery is indicated.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Thick or Thin Nasal Skin

It is always difficult to determine skin thickness with these pictures but yours looks to be average for an adult male. In the hands of a rhinoplasty specialist you should achieve what I would describe as significant improvement but you must be clear about your goals and expectations.

Rhinoplasty for thick or thin skin

A full set of photographs of the nose are required due to the fact that the nose is three-dimensional structure with, as is a rhinoplasty procedure. To determine the thickness of the skin in the tip of the nose requires a physical examination, not a single photograph. When thick skin is present, it limits the amount of improvement that can occur with a rhinoplasty procedure due to the fact that the thickness of the skin represents more of the width of the tip than the actual nasal cartilages. For more information and many examples of bulbous tip repair with  closed rhinoplasty, please see the video and the link below

Thick or thin nose skin? How much can my nose be reduced?

Based on a single photo and without an examination, you do not appear to have excessively thick skin. If the size of your nose concerns you, it can be improved  with a natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience. 

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a very limited 2 dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Thick or thin skin nasal tip?

It appears that the skin is medium. An examination is needed to discuss how much your tip can be reduced. Make sure you like the surgeon's noses.