If I have Thermage treatment, will I have better skin than my twin sister two years later?

The result of Thermage lasts about 2 years. Assume I and my twin sister have same diet, living habits..., will our skin look the same after 2 years?

Thermage

There are many different factors that affect the quality of the skin which makes it difficult to predict how one individual will age compared to another. The Thermage procedure works using radio frequency energy to uniformly heat the dermal skin while cooling and protecting the epidermis (upper layers of skin). Radio frequency causes immediate collagen contraction followed by new collagen production, resulting in tighter and smoother skin. Results can last years depending on your skin condition and habits (i.e. sun avoidance, not smoking, etc.) There is a published twin study where one twin smoked and one did not - the smoker looks ten years older in the photos - so unless conditions are controlled it is not possible to predict the aging process.

Thermage and Results

Thermage is a highly effective laser and through the process of radiofrequency will heat up the skin and produce new collagen.  Your skin will be tighter and more youthful.  It is difficult to tell if you will look better than you sister (since sun damage, stress of life, and other factors contribute to aging as well), but you should look better.  Best, Dr. Green

Thermage and Individual Results

Thermage is preventative to aging and will help you prevent future aging and improves your current look, but it cannot be prediced the level of treamtent one person will get over another.  Please see a well trained laser cosmetic dermatologist.  Best, Dr. Emer.