Terrible breast lift scars. Can this be fixed? (Photo)

I had a breastlift in March of 2015. The areola scars have spread. Can this be fixed? What can I expect with a scar revision?

Breast lift scars

Thank you for your photos. Breast lift scars can be managed in two ways. 1) Improve the appearance and texture of the scar with microneedling, fractionated laser, or radiofrequency which make microscopic holes in the scar to stimulate your body to remodel and fill in the scar with new collagen or 2) Surgical re-excision of the scars. In your case I think you would greatly benefit from a surgical re-excision. Not only will your scars appear improved, but you can at the same time, re-size your nipple-areolar complexes to a more proportional size to your breasts, and "touch-up" your breast lift so that your nipples are in a more youthful position on your breast mound. It is best to have an in-office examination to determine the best treatment option and so you can have a better idea of how you will look afterwards. Hope this helps!!

Johnson C. Lee MD Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Fix widened periareolar scars

Peri-areolar scars can only be fixed if you cut them out and get another lift; at this point you don't have enough breast skin to pull this off; instead, I would consider medical tattooing; It looks like you may have had a donut or peri-areola mastopexy which is fraught with terrible areola scars. Instead you should consider a vertical mastopexy. please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

#breastliftrevision #breastlift #scarrevision

Yes, this can be fixed. The widening can be improved with a circumareolar permanent stitch and the scars can be minimized with a number of techniques including meticulous closure, nonuse of absorbable sutures, 6 weeks of taping followed by silicone scar therapy.

Feel free to call or email us if you have any further questions.

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Barrett Plastic Surgery
9735 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 216
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

See a plastic surgeon for Hidef Scar Revision

We specialize in areola scars, especially since we are a plastic surgery center. I would start with our Hidef scar protocol that includes Kenalog IIT, fractional laser, Plato's scar serum, PDL, and vascular lasers. 

DR. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast Lift Scars Solution--Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Sculptra, Bellafill

The scarring can be improved with a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp, Sculptra, subcision and fillers.  I find that medical tattooing can blend the area as well. Please see an expert in scarring and lasers. Best, Dr. Emer.