How does tattoo removal pricing work?

RealSelf lists a tattoo removal as costing roughly $875. Does this mean $875 for the entire tattoo by itself, or $875 per session? Thank you!

Tattoo Removal Pricing

Tattoo removal pricing is often based on the size of the tattoo, but can also include factors such as physician’s fees, and typically is priced per session. For more accurate prices, you should schedule a consultation with the appropriate expert. Keep in mind that a lower price does not guarantee the same results; ask about your doctor’s past experience removing similar tattoos.

Fenton Dermatologist

Laser Tattoo Removal Pricing

Pricing can be dependent on many factors such as the size of the tattoo, physician's fee, laser technology being used, and location. I would recommend an in person exam. I utilize Pico lasers which are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths and I also utilize the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. It is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider. I have been practicing laser tattoo removal for almost 20 years. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

It costs an amount per session in most places depending on the size and colors. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Laser tattoo removal costs.

hi Andro.  Tattoo removal prices vary from practice to practice so your best bet is to go to a couple consultations.  The size of the tattoo matters in the pricing but we would advise to consider other factors as well.  
Tattoo removal can cause scarring so if you want to avoid scarring, consider experience and before and after photos when choosing a practitioner.  The type of laser used and experience of the practitioner will both affect how many treatments are needed for removal and this affects your total cost.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD