I have swollen eyelid & red bump on incision after ptosis & blepharoplasty surgery. Is this normal? (photos)

I've had ptosis surgery after my blepharoplasty surgery. My dr recommonded it due to my droopy eyelid & swelling that wouldn't subside after my intial blepharoplasty. It has been almost 4 months post ptosis and there is still a swollen LOOK & FEEL to the eyelid (below the incision) & still looks like a sausage. And now a small red bump has formed above the incision. Will the swelling subside? I wanted a more natural look. Will this bump go away on its own? I want to avoid going back to my dr.

How many surgeries have you had

Hi, I remember your prior posts with similar concerns and it would be helpful to know how many surgeries you had in the last 18months. With ptosis and double eyelid surgery, I have found that it's best to wait as long as possible - I have seen improvement in the swelling up to 2 years from the original surgery. 

I am sorry to learn that you have a break down in your relationship to your surgeon.

In studying your photographs, I suspect that too much skin and orbicularis oclui muscle has been left on the eyelid platform.  This can be revised to allow the fold to fall more naturally over the top of the eyelid platform.  You are also using your eyebrows quite a bit in the photographs.  This could be consistent with underlying ptosis which is not obvious in the photographs.  A detailed personal examination is really what is need to determine your best options.  Study my website to understand what is possible when revising Asian eyelids.  Regarding the red bump, this could be a spitting stitch or an inflamed inclusion cyst and warrants an examination for management recommendations.

Beautiful eyes

I am impressed by how symmetric and natural your eyelids look to me!
The cyst will probably go away -but could be removed fairly easily if it doesn't
I would strongly recommend letting the eyelids heal for the full year of normal healing
A second surgery will heal a bit more slowly, and remember--
"the enemy of good is better"

Kathleen Duerksen, MD
Tucson Oculoplastic Surgeon

Wait and watch for a year

The bump could be a suture reaction, so you should see your surgeon to look at it. Otherwise wait a full year before another revision surgery. 

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon