Does Q switch laser kill transplanted hair

I had smp done in a hair transplant clinic to camouflage my scar. Unfortunately, no patch test was done and the dots turn blue. I plant to remove the smp with laser. I had hair placed in my scar by FUE. Is transplanted hair weaker than normal hair? Will Q switch laser remove or damage the hair?

Q Switch laser and hair

Absolutely the laser can damage the hair.  It may be best to wait and not do anything and see if the blue dots disappear on their own over time.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Lasers can remove SMP pigments but it "may" harm surrounding hairs. This includes transplanted hairs. It is a risk.

Lasers can remove SMP pigments but it "may" harm surrounding hairs. This includes transplanted hairs. I have seen SMP successfully removed without harming surrounding hairs, but it is a risk.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Doing laser over implanted hair

It would have been a better idea to remove the blue dots using laser before implantation.  The laser may damage the implanted hair.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

My Scalp Micropigmentation Turned Blue

The Q switch laser should remove the blue dots. You should visit us in Los Angeles. We pioneered SMP for the medical/surgical hair market and published world-wide on the subject.  @3 dold Open Hosse events one a month the the next one will be May 14th where you can meet SMP patients who are not blue. see below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon