Swelling 3 months post tummy tuck? (Photos)

I am now 12 weeks post of. I had a tt with muscle repair and bbl with lipo on my back. I now have a bulge above my belly button. I did contact my DR and should be going in for a follow up soon. So what can this be? And will it go away? What can I do to finally have a flat tummy? Is it swollen? Bloated? Seroma? Damages muscle repair? Or just fat? I do feel like sometimes it's bigger than other times. Maybe smaller in the mornings. It's not painful.

Bulge after tummy tuck

Thank you for sharing your question and pictures. I wish I could answer this for you just based on these pictures but it's impossible without a physical exam. There are a few things it could be, but the best person to answer this is your doctor as they were in there not too long ago and have been following your progress. I wish you all the best

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after tummy tuck

Thanks for the photos and your question. It could be residual swelling or retained seroma or even a capsule around the seroma. In addition, there is always the possibility it could be a small hematoma with the capsule around the blood.  It is best that you have your surgeon, as you mentioned, evaluate the swelling. Physical exam will reveal a lot and help devise the treatment plan. Best of luck! 

Sean T. Lille, MD

Persistent Bulge after Tummy Tuck

Unfortunately, a physical exam will be necessary to determine your aesthetic problem.  It is unlikely swelling, as you have such a well defined midline depression in your upper abdomen.  Follow up with your doctor.
Best.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS