Swelling at 8 months

Its been a little over 8 months since my septo-rhinoplasty and i feel like i have a lot of swelling, specially in the sidewall region and more in one side than the other, making my nose look wider and a little crooked. More work was done on that side. And when push it down with my finger for 100 secs (tip i saw here) it creates a temporary indentation on my sidewall. Does this mean this is swelling and will it go down? Also, how can i know if it is scar tissue? Thank you

Swelling at 8 months

Noticeable swelling 8 months after a rhinoplasty is not typical but can occur depending on skin type and when "more work" was done. It's best to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dear brunkozlov, I would suggest seeing your surgeon for a post operative follow up. Your surgeon will know best where you are in your recovery and can determine what is swelling versus scar tissue etc. It is not uncommon to have swelling for an entire year post surgery so see your surgeon for an examination and you should have your concerns answered then. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD