What to do about surgical scars on breasts I've had for 3 years? (photo)

I'm hoping I'm not too late to get rid of these scars I got from a breast enhancement surgery over 3 years ago... I kept believing they would heal but here we are, 3 years later, and I STILL have them. I never did much to treat them other than applying oils when I thought about it. Is there any way to at least get rid of the redness? Would laser treatment do any good? Honestly I would try anything at this point - I'm desperate to get my confidence back. Thanks in advance.

Breast Augmentation Scar Treatment

Hi Bria.  Thanks for your question.  We would start with a medication called Kenalog.  Kenalog is an injected steroid designed to soften and flatten the scar tissue.  Your scars are colored and slightly raised but before we can treat the color, we need to soften them.  One or two visits should suffice for that.

In many cases, using Kenalog solves the issue of color, but if not, we would then move to a V-Beam or V-star pulsed dye laser for redness.  

To see examples of scar treatments for our Los Angeles office, click on the before and after photos below.  

Scar Under Breast -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Surgery

This needs to be evaluated in person. A combination of  lasers, microneedling/PRP and fillers may improve appearance, but surgical revision may be necessary. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer