Is a non surgical nose job an option for me? (photo)

Basically what I'd want is to make the front view look more symmetrical and then to smooth out the hump.

Injection Rhinoplasty can easily smooth out a bump on profile view.

Injection Rhinoplasty can easily smooth out a bump on profile view, but I don't think it will make your front view appear much more symmetric. In a “liquid”, or “non-surgical” rhinoplasty, a combination of Botox and facial fillers are injected to achieve the desired result without a scalpel. In the right candidate, a Liquid Rhinoplasty can even out irregularities along the bridge of the nose, make the nose appear straighter, raise the nasal bridge, or camouflage a dorsal hump on the profile view. Although you are technically adding volume with filler, the end result is often a nose that appears smaller and more refined. The idea is to change the way light hits your nose, creating a kind of semi-permanent contour makeup on your nose. During a liquid procedure, ice is used to numb the skin, and small needles are used to inject filler and/or Botox. Not all nose concerns are amenable to liquid, non-surgical, rhinoplasty, but if you’re among the lucky (or unlucky, depending upon how you look at it), you can skip the pain and recovery of surgery. Results are dramatic and instant. I suggest seeking out a board certified injector with experience doing non-surgical rhinoplasties, as there is definitely a learning curve. Good luck!

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty may not be the best option.

Dear annalisa92 in Los Angeles: One of the challenges is narrowing your tip.  Now, the tip looks a little broad in the photo and maybe that reflects that fact that it was taken with a cell phone.  Cell phone cameras distort the parts of the nose closet to the lens.  In any event, on the profile you could be helped with the nonsurgical technique.  You need to review these issues very carefully.  You want to do your homework before consultation.  Prepare well for your consultation.  When you search, look for rhinoplasty super-specialists.  These are surgeons whose practice is the majority or entirely devoted to rhinoplasty, septoplasty, and related procedures.  This would include both primary and revision rhinoplasty surgery.  Why not have the most specialized talent in your service?  Consider how much experience the surgeon has doing the procedure you are considering. We all get better at what we do with time and so those surgeons who have a long run of experience are the ones who have learned the most from experience. Residency and fellowship are where the learning begins, but for all of us, time and experience is where the education continues. Part of your preparation for consultation should be preparing a list of questions beforehand.  Bring a notepad or ipad or laptop with you and take notes as the surgeon answers the question you are asking.  You should spend more time with the surgeon than with the office administrative staff, because you need to get a sense of whether you are comfortable with the doctor.  You should not feel rushed that you are on a consultation conveyer belt.  If the presentation by the office staff seems a bit to “salesie” that is a bit of a yellow or red light.  Take a friend or relative along since two heads are better than one in gaining information and understanding.  In the end, the purpose of the consultation is for you to be educated and be comfortable, not to be “ sold”.  Ask yourself two key questions: “Is this surgeon teaching me or selling?” And secondly, “Can I put my life and my face into this particular surgeon’s hands? Can I trust him/her?” There are excellent books out there that you can read and use to study up. It is worth the homework time you put in up front so that you make the right decision with respect to choosing a surgeon who has the talent, experience, and degree of super-specialization that you certainly want to have.  When you visit doctor’s websites, the most important feature on the site is the before and after gallery.  If there are just a few examples of rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty, you wonder how much experience the surgeon has performing such surgeries.  There need to be dozens and dozens of examples.  The more examples there are, the more likely you will see one or more that demonstrate situations similar to yours.  Look closely at the photos for natural results.  That is what you want.  Nobody wants to carry a sign saying “I have had a rhinoplasty.” Reviews on review sites, particularly RealSelf are very important and should be carefully digested. The larger the number of reviews the most accurate the picture of the practice and particularly the doctor. A consensus is generally correct. A consultation without computer imaging is, in my opinion, of much less value.  Why shouldn’t you see the predicted result of the procedure the doctor is proposing?  At consultation, photos are taken of you and loaded into a computer system that morphs your present appearance into the anticipated “after” based on the nasal surgeons input.  Imaging is an incomparable learning tool because it provides a forum for doctor and patient agreement on what would satisfy the patient and what is, in the doctor’s opinion, achievable.  After all, cosmetic surgery is 100% visual.  It is about appearance, so without a visual evidence of what is planned, how can you make a decision as to whether or not you might be satisfied.  Talking about it is worthless.  To anticipate a successful outcome, there must be a meeting of the minds between surgeon and patient. Best wishes, Robert Kotler, MD, FACS Over 4,500 nasal procedures performed

Robert Kotler, MD

Non-Surgical rhinoplasty

Thank you for your photos! A non-surgical rhinoplasty can help improve the symmetry and lines of your nose. It is important to remember that fillers ADD volume so it will make your nose slightly larger on profile view and slightly wider on front view. On the other hand, surgery is best to help remove and restructure the nose for permanent results. One benefit of non-surgical rhinoplasty is that with the right filler, you can always have it immediately dissolved if you do not like the look of your new nose. Hope this helps!Johnson C. Lee MDPlastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

A nonsurgical rhinoplasty involves  placement of fillers in the nose to make it bigger, taller, and wider only on a temporary basis.  It is not FDA approved for that application and can have significant complications.  In addition, it is only temporary.  For a permanent change to the nose and to shave down the dorsal hump and make it symmetrical and adjust and refine the nasal tip requires a surgical rhinoplasty.  For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Nonsurgical nose job

A nonsurgical nose job is an option for you. I would caution, however, that the procedure would make your nose look slightly wider on front view and larger on side view in order to smooth out the hump and create more symmetry. 

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty -- Fillers Like Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm

I suggest seeing an expert.  Fillers can be used to give improvement to your nasal contour with very little downtime.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Nonsurgical nose job

Filler would help to disguise the hump from your side view. From the front, it could improve your symmetry, but it would also potentially add width to your nose which you may not wish to do.  Improving your front view with surgery would be more effective.  

Brett S. Kotlus, MD, MS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon