Would a non surgical nose job be able to fix the flatness of the tip of my nose? If not, then what? (photos)

Hi, as you can see in the photo my nose is alright. The only problem I have with it is how the tip is rather flat. It looks like it almost got to the tip but then I ran into a wall or something and flattened it down. Is there any way to fix this? (preferably with the "non surgical nose jobs") Is there anything else aesthetically wrong with my nose that needs fixing? I really just want a professionals - or anyones non biased - advice. Thanks so much.

Rhinoplasty candidate

The nose is a 3-dimensional structure, so a full set of photographs are required to make any determinations.  From the very limited photograph, it appears that there is high nasal dorsum, and a flat tip relative to the high dorsum.  Shaving down the dorsal hump and performing osteotomies can help balance the nose.  Cartilage grafting techniques are sometimes required when more projection to the tip  is required.  The hanging columella can also be reduced.  All of this can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty approach with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty / Non Surgical Nose Job

Hi, and thanks for your question. This is a common problem I see with my Non Surgical Nose Job patients. Your tip lacks a little definition and therefore looks a bit flat. The Non Surgical Nose Job procedure would absolutely correct this issue, giving you better definition from the front view as well as a straighter nose from the profile. I've done the procedure on hundreds of noses exactly like this. The results have been great and completely natural in appearance. I would suggest Voluma as a filler because it lasts for up to 2 years and is soft and natural looking. Correcting the tip well takes finesse and expertise. Be sure to consult with a physician who is very experienced in performing this specific procedure and ask to see their before and after pictures to make sure that their aesthetic taste is the same as yours. Board certification is less important than specific experience. Hope that helps. 

Nasal tip options

Thank you for your photo. There are both surgical and non-sugical options to refine your nasal tip. A very small amount of filler such as VOLUMA can be effective in instantly building your tip projection as well as improving the overall definition and proportions of your nose. It is important to have an experienced injector perform the procedure. Excess volume or incorrect placement is not only deforming, but it may place your nasal tip at risk of decreased blood flow and other complications. Surgery is also another option. If the only problem is a slightly deficient tip, a small piece of tissue or cartilage can be placed under the dome to help fill the area. If there are more anatomical concerns, then other steps may be needed as well to address them. It is best to have an in-office examination to determine what exactly is needed. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Getting the Nose You Want -- Nonsurgical nose job with Juvederm Voluma, Belotero, Restylane

I suggest a formal evaluation. A dermal filler might be able to improve the appearance of your nose tip, but it may require surgery. See an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Non surgical rhinoplasty

Non surgical rhinoplasty is intended to improve the nasal dorsum contour and not tip projection; you will require a formal rhinoplasty which will allow the tip supports to be reinforced so that the tip can maintain a higher projection than your dorsum; we call this the "tip leading the dorsum".

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Would a non surgical nose job be able to fix the flatness of the tip of my nose? If not, then what

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  You can make a nice change to the shape of the tip of your nose with well-placed dermal filler.  This can add definition and round the tip into a more aesthetically pleasing shape.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation however

Thanks for your question and photo. You are correct in that your tip looks flat. The reason is the tip defining point is underprojected. A surgical rhinoplasty can fix this problem permanently. A non surgical nose job/rhinoplasty may improve tip projection a little but it's hard to fully predict the result but it may be worth trying if the surgeon feels confident that it can be improved. Get a consult in person first for a full assessment. good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon