Do I need surgery - TT or Laser? (photo)

Do I need a tummy tuck or could I possibly benefit from laser skin tightening? Is it possible that my skin willl go back to place. Im 24 lost 80 pounds since 2014. Work out 4 times a week.

Tummy Tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a candidate for a tummy tuck. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

TT vs laser

Congratulations on your weight loss and thank you for posting a photo. It appears from your photo that you have excess skin which is not "bouncing back" against your abdomen when you lean over. This is usually an indication that you may be better treated with a tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck, the excess skin is removed and your core muscles are also tightened with sutures. It is important to have an in-office examination to determine the type of procedure you need to get safe and effective results. At the same time, the planned incisions can be demonstrated on your body so you get an idea of what to expect from the surgery. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Abdominoplasty vs. Laser?

Congratulations on your weight loss! A visit to a board certified plastic surgeon is in order for you. Not only will your plastic surgeon be able to examine your abdomen for which type of procedure is best, but your surgeon will also ask important questions about your weight loss. It is important for your surgeon to discuss with you whether or not you had any bariatric surgery and what kind of diet you have been following. Some patients with a significant amout of weight loss have vitamin deficiencies that are important to address before considering any body contouring surgery.

Assuming you are a good candidate for surgery, it appears from the photo that you have some very loose skin. Typically skin as loose as this is best treated by removing the excess skin in abdominoplasty surgery. Your board certified plastic surgeon will be able to help you determine the best course of treatment for you. Laser alone does not tighten the skin significantly after such weight loss. Best of luck to you!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck candidate

Hello, thanks for your pictures and for your inquiry, congratulations on your weight loss! You are halfway there! Unfortunately, your skin is too loose, it might need to have a tummy tuck, or a mini tummy tuck, it is hard to determine with just one picture. 

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for you question and your photo.

you seem to be a good candidate for a TT. I suggest your to contact a board certified PS and go over all your concerns.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Surgery - TT or Laser?

From this one picture and your history of significant weight loss, a surgical tummy tuck would be the most effective treatment for you.   A laser will very likely not improve this.  Hope that helps -

Do I need surgery - TT or Laser?

Hi-

Congratulations on your weight loss! From your photos it looks like you would benefit from and excisional procedure like a tummy tuck. The skin tightening devices haven't really been shown to work that well with things of that nature. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that you feel comfortable with and find out the best options for you. Good Luck and congrats again!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

TT

Thank you for the question and the photos and though an in person examination is really recommended to be certain, you appear to be a candidate for an abdominoplasty.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Tummy tuck or laser treatment for stomach skin tightening after 80 pound weight loss?

Your history of an 80 pound weight loss combined with the photograph strongly suggest that you are a candidate for a full tummy tuck to remove all of the lax skin.  I think it is worth trying to diet and exercise further but very unlikely that your skin will tighten to your satisfaction.  Stretchmarks also rarely go away but at least those between your umbilicus and your pubic area would be removed in a wide ellipse of skin as part of this tummy tuck procedure.  When you are ready and have reached a stable maintainable weight, meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to review photographs, be examined and discuss her options.  Congratulations in your weight loss and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tummy tuck vs 'laser' treatment for abdominal skin laxity

I would favor a standard tummy tuck for patients with skin laxity along the abdomen. I'm not sure a laser would offer any corrective benefit.