What are you supposed to do when you're not satisfied with your results? Do you think I'm being unreasonable? (photo)

Took the advice I got from my 1st post & emailed my Beverly Hills Dr to address concerns.He didn't hesitate & asked me to come in for touch up.Wrote him again after that touch up to let him know after spending just about $2K I was still dissatisfied w/ the results.He brought me in for another touch up & I'm still unhappy :/ Pic 1: pre-juvederm UP, #2: 1mo post-juvederm UP 3 syringes, #3: 2 weeks after 1st touch up (which went down even more the following week), #4: 3 weeks after second touch up.

What are you supposed to do when you're not satisfied with your results? Do you think I'm being unreasonable?

Hello Mrs. Pants,

It is important to continue to follow up with your injector.  Let him or her know what is bothering you about your lips that has yet to be corrected.  See if your goal is reasonable.  There are other filler options that may be more appropriate for you.  There are also other injectors who may be able to better obtain the result you are looking for.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Results

It would be best to return with all of your photographs to your physician to see if he or she can give you the results that you are looking for. Perhaps a different filler would be better. A second opinion would be helpful as well. Best, Dr. Green

Unhappy with Filler Injections

I think you have to set your expectations, often there is improvement but not "cure."  You have improved results or change but may not be exactly what you are looking for which I think needs to be reviewed with your physician.  Please see a facial sculpting expert with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm Questions

Dear Mrs. Pants, Perhaps you should take some photographs to your injector and make sure that he understands what your expectations are so that he can determine whether or not he  feels it is attainable. He may want to try another filler if the Juvederm is not working. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Patient Physician Relationship

Thank you for sharing your concerns and your experience.  I am happy to hear you are going to a reputable physician who is willing to address your concerns.  

As as you know, the patient physician communication is the most important part of your relationship.  You have great shape and definition to your lips.  Are you looking for greater fullness?   Are you looking to shorten the upper lip?  Do you wish to widen your mouth?  The ideal shape, fullness, projection, and size of lips is co-dependent on your other facial features. I suggest returning to your physician with photos and personal goals.  If he or she is not able to meet your goals, see if he or she can provide you with a referral option. 

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX 

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Unhappy

I completely agree with the other answer. You really need to feel comfortable, honest, and trust your doctor. It looks like you've tried to address this, so that's great.  But the problem is that you're still unhappy.  Ask your doctor specifically what else can be done to give the look that you want. Is it a matter of spending more money, picking a different filler, or is what you're asking beyond what he can achieve or what he thinks is appropriate? Tease it out. If you require more product then that may just be the answer. If you feel negative about the whole experience then find another doctor. Be well.  

Estee Williams, MD

Voice concerns regarding Juvederm

This is a really hard question to answer. I always ask my patients why they are not happy, and what they would like me to achieve. I think getting to know the patients expectations is the most important thing. Communicate further with your Specialist, and I am sure you will feel better about the whole experience. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist