Looking for a successful board certified surgeon in the Los Angeles area for a TT?

I would like to speak to multiple doctors and see before and after actual results. This is a major surgery and I'm a bit scared but feel that it's time to do something for myself.

The chosen one, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.I usually tell my patients that the first step for a safe plastic surgery is to choose a board certified aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon. This should have a personal website containing details of his professional biography and some photos of the procedures performed. Your plastic surgeon should be  transparent and a honest person with you, with ethical and human values, and especially with good reputation and history. Also, it's much better if this doctor have special training and experience in procedures like the one you're interested. Finally, i invite you to send your photos to give you more information of interest for you. Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-        

Finding your plastic surgeon

Interviewing multiple plastic surgeons is a great idea and one that I encourage for patients.  RealSelf is a great way to see some before and after photos, but selection of a plastic surgeon should involve research into their background (make sure they are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons) as well as their reputation and results.  Talk to your friends to see who they recommend- check with the folks who cut your hair, or if you go to a spa, ask there as well.  People in the beauty industry are often aware of local excellence, as well as where to avoid.  Meet with a few surgeons and compare how they act, their confidence with your situation, and how they explain their approach.  Of course, you need to find someone who can fit into your budget but it is better to save and get a great plastic surgery experience later than find a cut rate surgeon who will not stand by their work or support you if something goes imperfectly.I commend you on your approach, and wish you great luck!

Finding a Plastic sURGEON

It is smart to interview more than one Plastic Surgeon to feel comfortable.  You should make sure that the surgeon is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and can contact the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery for listings in your area.

Plastic surgeon for tummy tuck

Tummy tucks are one of the most popular procedure performed today by most board certified plastic surgeons. Consult with several and ask to see as many before and after photos as possible and also ask to speak to some previous patients who have had the procedure. Also look at online reviews as this gives you some insight into the doctor and the staff as well. Take your time and do your research, this is elective surgery so there is no rush.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Listings of all Board-Certified plastic surgeons for each city can be found on the web site of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS): plasticsurgery.org

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Searching for the right surgeon

Thank you for submitting your question. When looking for a plastic surgeon look for one that is board certified and one that does at lease 100 TTs per year. You can look at their before/after photos on their website and don't be afraid to speak with several surgeons in order to find the right one that will fit your needs. 
All the best,Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

I appreciate your question.
I specialize in Tummy Tuck and Body Contouring procedures.
 I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can look at before/after pictures on their websites prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Help finding the right surgeon for a tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question.  There are many great plastic surgeons in your area and it is hard to figure out who really does a great job vs who has great marketing. My advice to you is to start off by looking for names of people and verifying that they are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Being a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons further ensures that your surgeon is involved with their peers in the profession and keeping up to date with the latest news, safety, and procedural trends. Go to the websites of your prospective surgeons and see if they provide information that is helpful.  Ask the office staff if there are patients whom you could speak with that could vouch for the surgeon's work; you could also check their online reviews on Yelp, Google +, Real Self, etc. and also see how loyal their fanbase is by seeing if they have a strong following on social media such as Facebook, Google +, Instagram, etc. Once you have met with several surgeons and seen their before and after pictures, go with who you feel deep down will get the job done and sincerely cares the most about your well-being. I hope this helps and best of luck to you.
Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Looking for great Tummy Tuck surgeon!

Hi NeedAChange_now,
Thanks for posting on RealSelf.  This is a great forum to get the information that you need to make the right decision about plastic surgery.  You're absolutely correct that this is a major procedure, however, if you do your homework and pick the right surgeon, you should get a great result and be pleased with your outcome. 

I would encourage you to do further research on this site and other review sites (Yelp, etc) and choose your surgeon after going to several consultations.   Please seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who has experience and expertise in tummy tuck procedures in order to further discuss your options in depth. 

You should find someone with whom you are comfortable and feel confident that they can perform the procedure well for you after answering all your questions and reviewing multiple before and after photos of patients like you.

Best wishes!
Dr. Brown

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Best tummy tuck surgeon for me?

It's easy to post the question, but don't expect that you'll find the best surgeon for you without investing time and effort.  In general, you're safest to begin at surgery.org.  The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons holds its members to the highest standards.  Among those surgeons' websites, find gallery tummy tuck photos that are similar to your "before," and whose "after" results you like.  Read online reviews from former patients.  This process will reveal to you a group of surgeons to consult with, and after consultations, you'll know where you want yours done.

Steve Laverson, MD