Follow-Up Question: Stretched nipple scars after breast lift. Can this be fixed? What is the price range of fixing this? (photo)

I posted this question before with a different picture. I had my breast lift done march of 2015 and had laser treatments done to reduce scarring as well as steroid shots. They helped but didnt fix the problem as i hoped. Will i be a good canidate for an areola scar revision? What can I expect and WHAT IS THE PRICE RANGE of a procedure like that?

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

This is why I prefer the anchor scar

If you only had a periareolar lift, this outcome is expected.  I would recommend converting to a wise pattern (achor) scar with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Everyone wants the round scar... I always discourage it and recommend the anchor instead.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Periareolar Scaring

It looks like you only have circumareolar scars.  Your breasts look flat and still have ptosis (sag), which supports my assumption of only a circumareolar lift.  In this case, a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that specializes in revision surgery can properly treat you by converting you to a formal mastopexy.  This will likely leave you with fine lined scaring, something much, much more inconspicuous than your current scars. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Wide areolar scars

Alexandra67301,

The scars you have can definitely be improved upon.  I think the main problem with your lift was that too much tension was placed around the areola.  The tension on that skin closure caused the scars to stretch out and give you these wide scars you are dealing with today.  I would recommend a scar revision with a peri-areolar blocking suture, or a Benelli suture, that is permanent.  This permanent suture will remain in place and keep the skin from pulling away fromthe areolar edge as it heals.  After the surgery I would follow you carefully to ensure you don't have any scarring issue - adding steroid or silicone measures as needed.  Be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon to do this, and one who has reviewed your operative report from the previous procedure carefully and made a clear plan to address where things went wrong last time.  Best of luck!!!

Dr. Jespersen

M. Renee Jespersen, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon