How to stop worrying about deformities?

I just had a rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago and I like the result however I keep obsessing about some deformity occurring later on. How do I get my mind off this paranoia ???

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

How to stop worrying about deformities?

Just let it go is what I would say. Stay inside your bubble. What I mean by that is there are only certain things you can control. Such as, doing what your surgeon tells you for recovery, not banging your nose, refraining from exercise as you are told. That is stuff in your bubble that you can control. Outside your bubble are the things you can not control. Such as, how your nose heals or how it looks later. You have zero control over how it will heal for the most part so just don't worry about it. If you trust your surgeon and you like what you see then just move on with your life and forget about it. Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD