Spock eyebrow doesn't seem to be corrected 2 x later. What's causing this to happen?

I had botox application to my forehead 6 weeks ago but not my frown line. I developed a terrifying spock eyebrow effect. I've been back to my botox doctor 2x now and it still hasn't been corrected - in fact it appears worse? The outer eyebrows seem to go higher though it seemed she applied botox around there. I'm worried if I go back a 3rd time I may risk eyebrow droop. Is my problem stemming from avoiding the application of botox to my frown muscles in the front? Or is this doctor just no good?

Spock eyebrow doesn't seem to be corrected 2 x later. What's causing this to happen

Thank you for your question. A photo would be helpful.  Difficult to answer question without a photo and examination.  It seems that all you need is a touch up forehead injector.  You may want to consider an injection into the glabella injection, which will lift the medial eyebrow, which can help smooth out the "spock eyebrow".  Discuss your concerns with your injector.  Best Wishes.

Seek second opinion

This can be corrected but you may want to seek a second opinion in doing so if your current injector is not able to correct this.

Spock Eyebrow

Thank you for your question. It is typical to have a "touch up" or some "fine tuning" after your initial Botox injection. The "spock" appearance should be able to be corrected. I recommend seeking another opinion and consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dennis Hurwitz, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

"Spock" Eyebrow After Botox

The forehead muscle is a large muscle that covers most of the forehead. It has fibers on the lower part of the forehead by the outer part of the eyebrows that did not take the medication or were not injected. They became overactive and are pulling the eyebrow up. It is common to have a minor touch-up a week or two after an initial injection to "fine tune" the area. Usually a carefully placed injection into this area will fix the issue by relaxing these muscle fibers.

William J. Schweitzer, MD, FAAD
Westlake Village Dermatologist

Botox Spock Brow

I suggest you seek a second opinion and go to an expert in botox injections who can try to help balance this out with appropriately placed injections or fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox optimization

Difficult question to answer without photos or examining you.  Sometimes it can take more than once to optimize Botox results but it should not take 3 times.  Sometimes underlying eyelid ptosis can cause the brow to raise as compensation which complicates the problem. See an oculoplastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Stubborn spock eyebrow after Botox

A spock eyebrow is when the tail end of the brow raises up excessively.  It happens when the forehead muscles over the tail end of the brow lift excessively in comparison to surrounding muscles.  It usually happens when the muscles that cause crows feet are treated and the edges of the forehead are not.  However, it can also happen if the central forehead is treated, but the sides are not.  This sounds like your situation.  Your spock eyebrow is not stemming from the fact that you did not treat your frown.

Lawrence Osman, MD

Spock Eyebrow after Botox

It's hard to tell without seeing a picture.  Usually Spock eyebrow is easy to correct by injecting a small amount of Botox (about 1 unit) above the area of eyebrow elevation.  

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon