What can I do to speed up the process of Juvederm on my lips? I'm still swollen bruised and I feel like I have cuts on my lip

Juvederm for the Lips

Bruising and swelling is a common side effect of lip injections. It can take up to two weeks for all swelling and bruising to subside. Icing the area will help reduce some of the swelling. If you're unhappy with your final results you can have it dissolved with hyaluronidase.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Juvederm for lips

It can take two weeks for any swelling or bruising to resolve after Juvederm injections for lips.  If you are concerned about your lips, please return to your doctor for assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm Lip Healing

Dear 2queens:

Depending at what day you are post lip injections, I would recommend cold compress 5-10 minutes every 30-60 minutes for the first couple of days and OTC Arnica to decrease some of the bruising.  The swelling and bruising in your lips normally resolve 1-2 weeks after injection.  Hope this information helps.

Easing the Pain after Juvederm

It can take about two weeks for the swelling after a Juvederm injection to subside. You could try a cold compress. If you're unhappy with your final results you can have it dissolved and try a different technique next time. Best, Dr. Emer

It takes about two weeks for all of the swelling to subside after lip injections.  You may try icing the area and using the supplement Arnica to help with bruising.  You can find it at most vitamin stores.  

Camille Cash, MD