What sorts of techniques will help me achieve my dream nose during my revision rhinoplasty?

I had my primary rhinoplasty over a year ago. The result was unexpected. I wanted an elegant nose "my nose but better", and ended up with a short wide nose with big supratip and longer nostrils. The skin doesn't drape on the cartilage properly as you can see in my photo where I press down on the skin and it reveals the hump. I'm glad it doesn't plunge when I smile though. What needs to happen to achieve my goals? Will I need an external graft?

Revision rhinoplasty

There several refinements needed to achieve a more balanced nose. These include the tip which is rather bulbous, the retracted lower lateral cartilages which make your nostrils appear longer, mildly deviated caudal septum which appears as fuller right columella, correction of right nasal wall which is wide and and reduction of the wide nasal base. 

Revision rhinoplasty

Your dorsum is excellent and i wouldn't touch it.  The tip is still a bit wide and can probably be narrowed a bit.  An in-office exam would be needed to truly document the above.  Best wishes

David Alessi, MD

Techniques to Achieve Dream Nose

Unless these pictures are misleading I don't see any problems that should be corrected with a revision. I may have a different opinion after an examination.

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

The photographs demonstrate a very good result from the prior rhinoplasty. Probably best to leave well enough alone since  there are real risks going in an altering the nose and potentially making it worse, not better

I wouldn't alter your nose

From the photos above, I feel that your nasal contour is appropriate with a good supra-tip break and not supratip fullness; your nasal dorsum is reasonable.

Arian Mowlavi, MD