How to soften strip scars?

My strip scar is thin and I tried FUE scar revision, but the scar is still very visible when I wear my hair short. The scar is raised and the color is much lighter than the surrounding area. Are there any methods to make my scar flater and improve the texture? Do Fraxel Laser, ablative CO2 laser and (real) dermabrasion work for strip scar?

Soften strip scars

If you have already tried FUE, then what remains is either a re-excision with trichophytic closure to allow hair to grow through the scar, and possibly scalp micropigmentation.  Fraxel and C02 laser will likely not help much.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scar reision for strip hair transplants

There are many ways to improve the scar of a strip procedure.  You have already tried the FUE which brings hair to the scar and minimizes the contrast of the neighboring areas with the scar.  Scar revision with a more aggressive trichophytic closure can produce a good results in most cases.  That is especially important when there is a healing problem or in case the scar is either elevated or depressed due to initial closure problems.  There are a variety of laser skin resurfacing techniques that are useful for the other smaller scars like facial acne scar but may not be a great option for surgical scars like what we have after hair transplant. 

The best is to find a good hair transplant surgeon with plenty of experience in scalp scar revision.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

The reason you see your strip scar is because there is no hair there. Softening it with lasers / Fraxel/ or dermabrasion will

The reason you see your strip scar is because there is no hair there. Softening it with lasers / Fraxel/ or dermabrasion will not work.  You can consider SMP to hide the scars.  See VIDEO above.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scar revision

it is best to see a hair restoration specialist to get an evaluation and find what is best in your situation. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Strip scar

You are implying that your strip scar is elevated and whitish in color. Strip scars that are elevated are best treated with intraluminal steroids and the color can easily be brought up to normal with scalp micropigmentation (see example of such a scar in the web reference below). This example is a typical example of our work and despite what you see, the scar is still there. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Donor strip scar

I would recommend placing more fue grafts into the scar.  You can consider non ablative fractional laser treatments (1540nm laser)that help scar appearance and might even stimulate hair growth. Scalp micropigmentation is also a consideration. 

Omeed Memar, MD, PhD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon