4 weeks post op, soft and a little saggy. Any suggestions?

I had my BA almost four weeks ago. My right breast isn't coming down as fast as my left (I'm right handed) and the right breast feels softer then the left. Is that normal. My PS went under the muscle.

Four weeks post op breast augmentation

Four weeks after your breast augmentation you are still in the healing phase and there can be some asymmetry between your breasts.  It would be best to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and get his/her thoughts for your continued care.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Its normal to heal differently from side to side

following augmentation.  You should keep your surgeon informed of your concerns so strategies beyond just letting them settle can be discuss and pursued.  In my practice, I would be suggesting use of a leisure bra or no wire sport bra and pull the band of the higher sided breast over the top of the mound to help apply constant upper pole pressure to help stretch out the lower pole.  But you should ask your surgeon and follow his/her advice and implants can still move (if smooth round) for several weeks still.

Curtis Wong, MD

Too Early to Tell

Hello,It is too early to make any assessment, and it is common for one to be a little slower. Handedness is meaningless, and more active muscle DO NOT prevent drop and fluff. Massage does not make a difference, and people in your predicament commonly massage too hard because they don't see changes, frequently causing injury. So, I don't advise you or anyone else to massage. Time is all you need. Three to four months.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Weeks post op, soft and a little saggy. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to answer your question without examining you or reviewing a photo. However, it is not unusual to have some assymetry and it can take 3-6 months to see your final results. I would recommend for you to have a close follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

4 weeks post-op

One month post operation is still early in the healing process. Being right hand dominant also means the muscles on the right side of your chest are being used more often than those on your left, causing them to tighten slightly and keep your right breast from dropping symmetrically with your left breast. This is very common in my patients and it should take anywhere from 2-8 more weeks for both breast to drop and soften becoming symmetrical and less swollen as well. It is hard to assess if anything is wrong without photos, but from what you say it sounds like healing is going well. 

Best wishes

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Under the muscle implants

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  Your best ally in this case would be TIME.   Under the muscle implants may stay a little bit longer in a upper position.  Using stabilizers for the implants may help in the next few weeks.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to provide an accurate answer without a photo or in person assessment. What I can tell you is it is normal to have asymmetry in the beginning stages of breast augmentation. Wait a good 3 months to assess results. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Asymmetric healing isn't uncommon

Thank you for your inquiry.  Even at 4 weeks it's not uncommon to have some asymmetry in the healing process.  One side may soften and "drop" sooner, or faster than the other.  However, with time and patience and massage this will typically even out.  In my practice I would encourage patience and have you do directed massage on the higher side until symmetry was achieved.  I also tell each of my patients to expect 3-4 months before their final shape and positioning is achieved and sometimes it can take as long as 6 months.  Be reassured that most likely this will improve with time.  Talk to your surgeon and get their recommendations.  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon