Can SMP be removed by dermabrasion?

I had some bad SMP done on my strip scar and I want to remove it. This time I will try to flatten my scar first with kenalog injection and dermabradion. As I will have dermabrasion done, is it enough to remove my SON. should I need to use laser to remove my SMP?

Laser resurfacing and dermabrasion

Dermabrasion can help resurface surface irregularities but has limitations for deeper contour problems. I would suggest laser resurfacing and IIT. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Thank you for your question. Dermabrasion is typically done as an outpatient procedure in a surgical facility, but if you require extensive work, you may stay in the hospital, but this is a rare occurrence. You may be a candidate for dermabrasion so I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon